Polcracio

Default Transferable Window Warranty

Hi,
I bought my house last year. All windows were replaced in 2001 with a
35 transferable warranty. We are happy with them, however I found that
a few windows' stripper are coming loose. Called the company
(WeatherGard windows in Michigan) and they are asking a $125.00 fee to
transfer the warranty before any services are made. Nothing says about
that fee in the warranty papers and the company claims it is "Company
Policy". Is this about true? Any help is appreciated...

Joseph Meehan

Polcracio wrote:
Hi,
I bought my house last year. All windows were replaced in 2001 with a
35 transferable warranty. We are happy with them, however I found
that a few windows' stripper are coming loose. Called the company
(WeatherGard windows in Michigan) and they are asking a $125.00 fee to
transfer the warranty before any services are made. Nothing says about
that fee in the warranty papers and the company claims it is "Company
Policy". Is this about true? Any help is appreciated...

It sure sounds like a violation of contract to me. I suggest you will
need to contact a local attorney as the law covering this may be different
in different areas. There is a general national code (in the US anyway) but
local laws may vary.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

SQLit

"Polcracio" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I bought my house last year. All windows were replaced in 2001 with a
35 transferable warranty. We are happy with them, however I found that
a few windows' stripper are coming loose. Called the company
(WeatherGard windows in Michigan) and they are asking a $125.00 fee to
transfer the warranty before any services are made. Nothing says about
that fee in the warranty papers and the company claims it is "Company
Policy". Is this about true? Any help is appreciated...

Since your not the original owner/purchaser, all bets may be off. Would
have been part of the contract when I bought the home. Warranty is for the
original purchaser, they would have to be the ones that would have gotten it
transferred.

Is it worth the $125 for the pieces you need? What will it cost for the
pieces?

m Ransley

Read their warranty, for Low E Argon having a warranty is a good idea.
125 is not much for issues that may arise in 10-20 years.

Art

What does the warranty say?

"Polcracio" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I bought my house last year. All windows were replaced in 2001 with a
35 transferable warranty. We are happy with them, however I found that
a few windows' stripper are coming loose. Called the company
(WeatherGard windows in Michigan) and they are asking a $125.00 fee to
transfer the warranty before any services are made. Nothing says about
that fee in the warranty papers and the company claims it is "Company
Policy". Is this about true? Any help is appreciated...

Storm window as main shed window? Dave K. Home Repair 3 July 25th 18 10:44 PM
Sealed window glass warranty [email protected] Home Ownership 3 October 20th 05 11:18 PM
Does a double hung window have a circulation advantage over a roll type in a one window bathroom? Bob Valor Home Repair 5 July 14th 05 07:05 AM
Cordless drills Alan Woodworking 33 November 21st 03 07:12 PM
The New Ridgid power tool Warranty Leon Woodworking 0 November 3rd 03 07:27 PM