Colbyt

Default What kind of metal bracket?

I don't have a clue as to what to look for.

I need to field engineer a few heavy gauge metal brackets to provide a
temporary toe board at the edge of a roof where using traditional roof jacks
is not possible.I have a new well secured 2 x 6 fascia board. Whatever I
use will be well lag-bolted to that.

I would like a bracket that I can attach to the fascia that comes 90 degrees
away (3-4") and then rises 6-8" above the roof. Think two risers and one
tread from a set of stairs.

I can have some made but I'm sure there must be something sold that I can
adapt. The problem is I don't have a clue as to what I might use for the
adaptation.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Colbyt

SQLit

"Colbyt" wrote in message
I don't have a clue as to what to look for.

I need to field engineer a few heavy gauge metal brackets to provide a
temporary toe board at the edge of a roof where using traditional roof

jacks
is not possible.I have a new well secured 2 x 6 fascia board. Whatever I
use will be well lag-bolted to that.

I would like a bracket that I can attach to the fascia that comes 90

degrees
away (3-4") and then rises 6-8" above the roof. Think two risers and one
tread from a set of stairs.

I can have some made but I'm sure there must be something sold that I can
adapt. The problem is I don't have a clue as to what I might use for the
adaptation.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Colbyt

You do not mention the weight your trying to deal with.
Lagging into a fascia would not be my choice.

tom

Nor do you mention the pitch. Tom

Colbyt

"tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nor do you mention the pitch. Tom

Pitch is about 9/12.

Support for a 250# person who would always be seated or possibly laying on
the roof (you really don't want to know).

I'll tell you anyway. Adding soffit to main gable end over a porch roof
where there is only about 16" between the bottom of the rake rafter and the
porch roof for a portion of the rake rafter run. Traditional jacks would be
in the way and those darn shingles have sealed down really well in the 2
weeks they have been on.

Just need a little something to keep from sliding off the edge.

Colbyt

tom

"A thing is conventional because it works. Any deviation is at your
own risk." Can't this work still be done from the lower porch roof? Get
up early while the shingles are still cool, and you should be able to
knock them apart with a flatbar, unless I'm still missing something.
The dangers of supporting 250# (or even less) on a fascia get a little
exciting! Tom

Metal Roofing ptgoodman Home Repair 7 July 13th 06 02:47 AM
WTB Used Metal Shrinker for sheet metal work. Ebby Metalworking 0 May 21st 05 02:09 PM
Tingle from metal lamp = dangerous? Rob Morley Home Repair 56 May 16th 05 11:03 AM
Creating very light hollow metal ornaments Marin Metalworking 4 January 23rd 04 02:41 AM
Drywall screws for metal studs prone to strip, please help. andy everett Home Repair 2 August 23rd 03 07:10 PM