Oscar_Lives

Default A Letter to Those who DIDN'T vote for Bush

"Jake" wrote in message
know Clinton lied about getting a BJ so what. His BJ lie didnt cause
anyone
to die like the Bushwackers lies have done. All Republicans lie there
ass's
off about everything. I think it must be part of the party pledge. Keep
up
the good work.

King

I hereby pledge, as a Conservative American, to lie about these facts, so
the liberal Democrats look better....

1. That Bill Clinton lied in sworn testimony to the Congress of the United
States... what's commonly called perjury. Nah... he really didn't do that.

2. That Bill Clinton did almost nothing of note during his 8 years in
office (oh, except left terrorism to froth up all around the world.. even
while a first attempt was made on the WTC.)

3. Oh, and let .coms and telecoms and a bunch of other companies screw
the economy because Janet Reno was too busy burning people to death in
Waco and shooting American kids, mothers and dogs at Ruby Ridge. Bill was
WAY to busy with this agenda to keep corporate over site in check.

4. That our military was seriously demoralized by this jerk who, as
commander-in-chief, couldn't even be bothered to return a salute from his
aircraft crews on Marine/Airforce 1.

Let's also not forget, since I'm sure you'll bring up that the President
is a 'rich' Republican, that more than HALF the liberal Democrats in
Congress have more money than he does.

The President is not a liar, or a thief, or a particularly good
'politician'. He can be wrong (what a thought!) and he admits when he is.
The man has my respect for that.

This is where the liberals are losing contact with America. Information
flows freely now.. we don't have to take the high-and-mighty liberal news
media's word for anything anymore. And the information is this: All the
bunk the liberals feed us is nothing more than eye-candy propaganda with
no substance. NONE.

Ignore the terrorists, ignore the educational system, ignore the
tax-and-spend policies of Washington, ignore the SS crisis, ignore a
plethora of other issues and tell us "It'll be all right... we know
better" doesn't cut it anymore. The liberals don't know better, and their
rhetoric is old and tired. Nobody wants actors spewing sound-bites in
Washington anymore. We want people solving problems.

Sorry for the rant.

Jake

Oh no!!! That one is going to leave a mark...

ndugu

I hate welfare!

The 94% of welfare that goes to rich corporations, that is. (oil companies,
drug companies, halliburton, etc.)

I have no problem with the tiny 6% of total welfare that goes to the poor,
regardless of whether they can work or not, 6% is a splinter and 94% is a
huge tree.

Insanity, said Albert Einstein, is doing the same thing over and over again
but expecting different results. By this measure, the latest Bush tax cuts
qualify as certifiably insane.

Where have we seen this deranged fiscal strategy before? Remember Ronald
Reagan and Supply Side Economics? In the early 1980s, Reagan promised the
nation that if we lowered tax rates on the wealthy, the economy would grow
so much the federal budget would be balanced "within three years, maybe even
two."

Sober people were skeptical-and rightly so. Reagan's Republican opponent for
the 1980 presidential election, George H.W. Bush called it "voodoo
economics." His own Budget Director, David Stockman, called it a "Trojan
horse," a scam intended really to funnel more money to the already rich.
Stockman was quickly dismissed.

The results, we now know, were a disaster. In 1982, the first full year
after the tax cuts were enacted, the economy actually shrank 2.2%, the worst
performance since the Great Depression. And the effect on the federal budget
was catastrophic.

Jimmy Carter's last budget deficit was $77 billion. Reagan's first deficit
was $128 billion. His second deficit exploded to $208 billion. By the time
the "Reagan Revolution" was over, George H.W. Bush was running an annual
deficit of $290 billion per year.

Yearly deficits, of course, add up to national debt. When Reagan took
office, the national debt stood at $994 billion. When Bush left office, it
had reached $4.3 trillion. In other words, the national debt had taken 200
years to reach $1 trillion. Reagan's Supply Side experiment quadrupled it in
the next 12 years.

Is there anything to compare this to? When Bill Clinton took office he
intentionally reversed the Supply Side formula, raising taxes on the wealthy
and reducing them on the lowest wage earners. Supply Side true believers
predicted the arrival of the Apocalypse. Bob Dole said the stock market
would collapse. Newt Gingrich said the world would fall into another Great
Depression.
What actually happened?

Between 1992 and 2000, the U.S. economy produced the longest sustained
economic expansion in U.S. history. It created more than 18 million new
jobs, the highest level of job creation ever recorded. Inflation fell to
2.5% per year compared to the 4.7% average over the prior 12 years.

Real interest rates fell by over 40% producing the greatest housing boom
ever. Overall economic growth averaged 4.0% per year compared to 2.8%
average growth over the 12 years of the Reagan/Bush administrations. Most
impressively, Clinton reversed the mammoth deficits of the Supply Side
years, turning them into surpluses. He used these surpluses to begin paying
down the national debt.

By virtually every meaningful measure-employment, growth, inflation,
interest rates, investment, deficits and debt-the economy performed better
once the Supply Side experiment was terminated and replaced with a more
honest economic policy where we actually pay our bills as we go.

This might all be ancient history if the spectre of Supply Side economics
had not reared its ugly head again once Bush II took office. In selling his
$1.6 trillion tax cut-half of which went to the wealthiest 1% of
Americans-Bush promised in 2001 that it would produce 800,000 new jobs. In
fact, the economy has lost 2.7 million jobs since Bush took office, again,
the worst economic performance since the Great Depression.

The effects of Bush's tax cut on the deficit and debt are exactly what we
would expect having seen Reagan's results-only worse. Bush inherited from
Clinton a fiscal surplus of $127 billion. In his first year he turned that
into a deficit of $158 billion. In this, his second year, he will run a
deficit of over $400 billion-a swing to the worse of over $600 billion in
only two years.

Now Bush has sold us on still another megadose of this same Supply Side
voodoo. Two thirds of his new $350 billion tax cut will go to the top 10% of
income earners. Bush's Congressional ally, Tom DeLay, promises more such
cuts for every year Bush is in office.

The long term effects of these policies are profoundly damaging. When Bush
took office, the government's ten year surplus was forecast to total $5.6
trillion. This was critical to building fiscal soundness as the Baby Boomers
begin to retire.

Now, the ten year forecast projects a cumulative deficit of $1.1 trillion, a
net loss of $6.7 trillion in only two years. With the exception of World
Wars, this is the greatest, most rapid destruction of public wealth in the
history of the world.

Jake

ndugu wrote:
I hate welfare!

I want to know what source you cut-and-pasted that piece of propaganda
from before I take the time to begin researching it fully?

When Carter was president, at least near the end of his term, there were
no jobs to be had anywhere... I should know... I was looking for one.
Not even McDonalds was hiring.

During the Reagan years we spent a lot of money, to be sure. Gee, I
wonder how and why the Soviet Union finally collapsed after many years
of threatening our country with nuclear annihilation? Maybe it was a
coincidence (not)? Was there a 'Peace Dividend' in that little detail?
You'd be silly not to see it....

GHWB and Clinton both rode on the coattails of Ronald Reagan's
decisions. Bush I was a brainiac trying to play political games he
didn't have the will for... his son does. Clinton did nothing but
capitulate to his friends in Congress and ride along for the good time
which would not last.

The myth of big corperations is over, my friend. GM is nearly broke, US
Steel and AT&T are no more, Boeing Aircraft hardly sniffs at military
contracts anymore, and even Microsoft ain't what it used to be.

Here's the kicker: Big corporations create jobs... a lot of jobs. When
they make money, they pay their people decent wages and support the
communities they do business in and carry huge tax burdens (even with
the breaks they get). Big Corporations also buy lots of stuff from
smaller companies, which spurs the economy further. Oh, and yes, the
investors in these Big Corporations also make some money... is that
evil, too?

Your argument is old, Chief, and represents the 'sound-bite' thinking I
was alluding to and also represents you as someone who can't think for
himself.

Evil, big corporations are the biggest benefactor of welfare, my ass.
They are a huge component of innovation and GNP in America.

Think for yourself before cut-and-paste propaganda that is meaningless.

Oh ****.. another rant.....

Jake

Tekkie®

Jake posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

ndugu wrote:
[...]

Hey Oscar, was that the left hook or the right jab?
--
My boss said I was dumb and apathetic.
I said I don't know and I don't care...
Peter

"Steve Scott" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:11:22 -0400, "ndugu" wrote:

I hate welfare!

The 94% of welfare that goes to rich corporations, that is. (oil companies,
drug companies, halliburton, etc.)

This may surprise you but no company pays taxes.

I have no problem with the tiny 6% of total welfare that goes to the poor,
regardless of whether they can work or not, 6% is a splinter and 94% is a
huge tree.

If the welfare goes to those that are incapable of caring for
themselves, most don't have a problem with that.

[...]

How old were you in 1980? I personally remember the misery index. Do
you? Inflation and unemployment added together in excess of 20%.
Granted it's a ploy but 13% inflation and 7% unemployment were the
realities of the Carter years. And I'll admit I voted for Carter.
Once.

We were in a recession teetering on the precipice of a 30s style Great
depression before the Reagan tax cuts. The economy grew by 1/3 in the
following 7 years.

That's a bald-faced lie. Growth during Reagan's years was
anemic; it averaged just over 2% annually. Meanwhile, when
Reagan took office the U.S. was the world's largest creditor,
and by the time he left office just eight years later, we were
the world's largest debtor, and we remain so to this day.
Our kids will still be paying off his debts, not to mention the
debts of our current disaster-in-chief. Their politices were
(and are) an unqualified catastrophe.

Oscar_Lives

"ndugu" wrote in message

Where have we seen this deranged fiscal strategy before? Remember Ronald
Reagan and Supply Side Economics? In the early 1980s, Reagan promised the
nation that if we lowered tax rates on the wealthy, the economy would grow
so much the federal budget would be balanced "within three years, maybe
even
two."
The results, we now know, were a disaster. In 1982, the first full year
after the tax cuts were enacted, the economy actually shrank 2.2%, the
worst
performance since the Great Depression. And the effect on the federal
budget
was catastrophic.

And the economy took off in 1985-88, many jobs were created, and things were
going really good thanks to Ronnie Reagan and his economic policies.

Jimmy Carter's last budget deficit was $77 billion. Reagan's first deficit
was $128 billion. His second deficit exploded to $208 billion. By the time
the "Reagan Revolution" was over, George H.W. Bush was running an annual
deficit of $290 billion per year.

Yeah, Reagan had to rebuild the military and help tear down the Iron
Curtain.

[...]

Interest rates for home loans were 10-18% during this time period. I don't
call that low. Luckily, Slick Willie could continue to ride on the
coat-tails of Ronnie Reagan's economy fixes.

The effects of Bush's tax cut on the deficit and debt are exactly what we
would expect having seen Reagan's results-only worse. Bush inherited from
Clinton a fiscal surplus of $127 billion. In his first year he turned that
into a deficit of $158 billion. In this, his second year, he will run a
deficit of over $400 billion-a swing to the worse of over $600 billion in
only two years.

We are fighting a war, Stupid. We have had several terrorist attacks. We
have had several devistating hurricanes. That **** isn't free.

You liberals sure do like to re-write history. Instead of making this ****
up, try thinking back to your own economic situation (home loans,
employment, taxes, etc.) and also consider the wars, natural disasters, etc.
THEN MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 02:40:59 GMT, "Oscar_Lives"
wrote:

"ndugu" wrote in message

Is there anything to compare this to? When Bill Clinton took office he
intentionally reversed the Supply Side formula, raising taxes on the
wealthy
and reducing them on the lowest wage earners. Supply Side true believers
predicted the arrival of the Apocalypse. Bob Dole said the stock market
would collapse. Newt Gingrich said the world would fall into another Great
Depression.
What actually happened?

Between 1992 and 2000, the U.S. economy produced the longest sustained
economic expansion in U.S. history. It created more than 18 million new
jobs, the highest level of job creation ever recorded. Inflation fell to
2.5% per year compared to the 4.7% average over the prior 12 years.

What happened when his bubble burst in 2000 ? Because the
false optimism based on his unworkable policies finally faced reality
?

impressively, Clinton reversed the mammoth deficits of the Supply Side
years, turning them into surpluses. He used these surpluses to begin
paying
down the national debt.

He rode an economic wave he did not create, and took credit
for it.

The effects of Bush's tax cut on the deficit and debt are exactly what we
would expect having seen Reagan's results-only worse. Bush inherited from
Clinton a fiscal surplus of $127 billion. In his first year he turned that

He inherited a financial collapse from Clinton.

He also reaped the whirlwind of Clinton's 'soft on terrorism,
cut down the military, we have the UN to protect us' policy.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Peter

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message news:%a5We.351982$xm3.131864@attbi_s21...

"ndugu" wrote in message

Where have we seen this deranged fiscal strategy before? Remember Ronald
Reagan and Supply Side Economics? In the early 1980s, Reagan promised the
nation that if we lowered tax rates on the wealthy, the economy would grow
so much the federal budget would be balanced "within three years, maybe
even
two."
The results, we now know, were a disaster. In 1982, the first full year
after the tax cuts were enacted, the economy actually shrank 2.2%, the
worst
performance since the Great Depression. And the effect on the federal
budget
was catastrophic.

And the economy took off in 1985-88, many jobs were created, and things were
going really good thanks to Ronnie Reagan and his economic policies.

Not even close. Our federal deficit exploded, as did our
national debt, our trade balance went to hell, and the mass
replacement of decent paying jobs with **** service sector
jobs began in earnest.

Jimmy Carter's last budget deficit was $77 billion. Reagan's first deficit
was $128 billion. His second deficit exploded to $208 billion. By the time
the "Reagan Revolution" was over, George H.W. Bush was running an annual
deficit of $290 billion per year.

Yeah, Reagan had to rebuild the military and help tear down the Iron
Curtain.

You either actually believe that, which makes you a moron,
or you're just a brainwashed shill who has never been outside
the U.S. If you know any Russians, make your claim to them
and you'll get a hearty belly laugh.

[...]

Even by Republican-controlled GAO estimates, the war on a
human emotion accounts for -- at most -- 10% of the federal
government's current deficit. The other 90% is a simply lack
of spending constraint and pure pork, stolen from working
class and poor Americans by a horribly corrupt oligarchy.

Forty years of tax-and-spend Democratic control never netted
us the same deficits and national debt as we have today. Next
to today's Republicans the Democrats are spendthrifts.

Norminn

Oscar_Lives wrote:
"Jake" wrote in message

know Clinton lied about getting a BJ so what. His BJ lie didnt cause
anyone
to die like the Bushwackers lies have done. All Republicans lie there
ass's
off about everything. I think it must be part of the party pledge. Keep
up
the good work.

King

I hereby pledge, as a Conservative American, to lie about these facts, so
the liberal Democrats look better....

1. That Bill Clinton lied in sworn testimony to the Congress of the United

The same Congress whose members lied to their wives...the one I detest
most of all was the one out playing while his wife was dying of cancer.
Let's get our moral outrage in perspective.

States... what's commonly called perjury. Nah... he really didn't do that.

Some of us didn't give a damn about what Paula thought Bill did in the
hotel room.....WTF was she doing there, anyway? I would have been on
the elevator by the time anybody got unzipped.

2. That Bill Clinton did almost nothing of note during his 8 years in
office (oh, except left terrorism to froth up all around the world.. even
while a first attempt was made on the WTC.)

There was a peace treaty someplace, couple of wars (undeclared, of
course). Mass genocide in Africa that the "Party of Family Values",
"Christian Coalition", "Silent Majority" cared about much less than they
cared about Bill's sex life. "When in doubt, choose life."? George and
Jeb identify with the brain-dead, which is understandable. Let old
folks drown or starve, in spite of the fact they are almost next door to
a naval air station in LA.

3. Oh, and let .coms and telecoms and a bunch of other companies screw
the economy because Janet Reno was too busy burning people to death in
Waco and shooting American kids, mothers and dogs at Ruby Ridge. Bill was
WAY to busy with this agenda to keep corporate over site in check.

The FBI hasn't invaded many cabins, and Waco was a disaster set up by
another fake Christian who f----- children. The feds were ready to
kidnap Elian Gonzalex to save him from a fate worse than
Republicanism.....where were they when children were drowning in NO?

4. That our military was seriously demoralized by this jerk who, as
commander-in-chief, couldn't even be bothered to return a salute from his
aircraft crews on Marine/Airforce 1.

The military was demoralized by a gov't obsessed with sex and running
the same hovels that still pass as VA hospitals. Walter Reed is pretty
glamorous, and a good place for photo ops with kids who have lost a
couple of limbs or had their faces blown away. Carriers are not good
places for photo ops, esp. with signs that say "WE WON".

Let's also not forget, since I'm sure you'll bring up that the President
is a 'rich' Republican, that more than HALF the liberal Democrats in
Congress have more money than he does.

Can you find a descriptive word for antagonists that doesn't start with
"lib..."? Rich means when you or your kids are arrested (a matter of
public record) it is a "private family matter", but my sex life is a
government matter. Jeb was ready to march on a nursing home, for purely
political gain, to "save" a tragically brain-dead woman who left
decisions for her husband to make about end of life issues and whose
family could not accept the fact that her case was hopeless. If the
bushes were capable of learning from experience, George would have
remembered how badly things were handled by his father after Hurrican
Andrew.

The President is not a liar, or a thief, or a particularly good
'politician'. He can be wrong (what a thought!) and he admits when he is.
The man has my respect for that.

He is a mediocre loser, as a man and as an executive. He has proven
that repeatedly. No executive I've ever known would have tolerated his
incompetence, but probably would have voted for him )

This is where the liberals are losing contact with America. Information
flows freely now.. we don't have to take the high-and-mighty liberal news

I don't know which faction of the news that might be?

media's word for anything anymore. And the information is this: All the
bunk the liberals feed us is nothing more than eye-candy propaganda with
no substance. NONE.

Will you identify the liberals who feed you eye-candy propaganda? I
need to know so's I can help root them out.

Ignore the terrorists, ignore the educational system, ignore the
tax-and-spend policies of Washington, ignore the SS crisis, ignore a

George's answer to the SS crisis was to add prescription drug coverage
to Medicare, a system already bust and predictably (Attention
Republicans!) headed for disaster. The Rx coverage buys votes now, and
George will be back in Crawford, where he hides from reality, before the
s--- hits the fan. And you call me liberal?

plethora of other issues and tell us "It'll be all right... we know
better" doesn't cut it anymore. The liberals don't know better, and their
rhetoric is old and tired. Nobody wants actors spewing sound-bites in

Well........you don't have Ronnie "Voodoo Economics" Reagan to worry
about any more. Reagan brought us "hire a temp", pay for your own
retirement and insurance. The only reason my pay ever began to approach
what men with the same education and skills earned was because of the
LIBERALS who fought for generations. One of the worst ailments in
American business is horrific system of workers compensation ... costs
more to fight over who should pay than it does to provide treatment.
Incredible waste, and one of the factors driving jobs out of the US.

Washington anymore. We want people solving problems.

Vote for Hillary... she is at least realistic about healthcare and what
is wrong with it, and has the intellect to do the math. Nobody can bear
to admit a LIBERAL has one good idea, so they don't bother even to listen.

Sorry for the rant.

Jake

Oh no!!! That one is going to leave a mark...

FDR

"Steve Scott" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:11:22 -0400, "ndugu" wrote:

I hate welfare!

The 94% of welfare that goes to rich corporations, that is. (oil
companies,
drug companies, halliburton, etc.)

This may surprise you but no company pays taxes.

The S&P sheets say otherwise. For instance, Citigroup last year has a
pre-tax income of $24,182 million, an effective tas rate of 28.6%, and a net
income of $17,046 million.

So, companies do pay taxes.

Edwin Pawlowski

"FDR" wrote in message

The S&P sheets say otherwise. For instance, Citigroup last year has a
pre-tax income of $24,182 million, an effective tas rate of 28.6%, and a
net income of $17,046 million.

So, companies do pay taxes.

Where does the money come from to pay those taxes? From the consumer, of
course. The company may send the check to the government but the people
still pay the taxes for every business. If you tax a business, it sounds
good and is easy for politicians to sell to the voters, but the reality is
those costs of doing business are passed on to the customer, you and me.

Liz

"Norminn" wrote in message

Vote for Hillary... she is at least realistic about healthcare and what is
wrong with it, and has the intellect to do the math. Nobody can bear to
admit a LIBERAL has one good idea, so they don't bother even to listen.

Ah, finally! Another intelligent woman poster!

Liz

Edwin Pawlowski

"Norminn" wrote in message

Vote for Hillary... she is at least realistic about healthcare and what
is wrong with it, and has the intellect to do the math. Nobody can bear
to admit a LIBERAL has one good idea, so they don't bother even to
listen.

We listened. She just didn't have much good to say.

Jim Yanik

Norminn wrote in
:

Oscar_Lives wrote:
"Jake" wrote in message

know Clinton lied about getting a BJ so what. His BJ lie didnt
cause anyone
to die like the Bushwackers lies have done. All Republicans lie
there ass's
off about everything. I think it must be part of the party pledge.
Keep up
the good work.

King

I hereby pledge, as a Conservative American, to lie about these
facts, so the liberal Democrats look better....

1. That Bill Clinton lied in sworn testimony to the Congress of the
United

The same Congress whose members lied to their wives...

Oh,that EXCUSES BJ Clinton's wrongs?
And they lied to -their wives-,not to the NATION,and not under oath.

the one I detest
most of all was the one out playing while his wife was dying of
cancer.
Let's get our moral outrage in perspective.

States... what's commonly called perjury. Nah... he really didn't do
that.

Some of us didn't give a damn about what Paula thought Bill did in the
hotel room.....WTF was she doing there, anyway? I would have been on
the elevator by the time anybody got unzipped.

2. That Bill Clinton did almost nothing of note during his 8 years in
office (oh, except left terrorism to froth up all around the world..
even while a first attempt was made on the WTC.)

There was a peace treaty someplace,

The useless OSLO Accords? Where the Israelis compromised and the Pals never
lived up to their side?

couple of wars (undeclared, of
course). Mass genocide in Africa that the "Party of Family Values",
"Christian Coalition", "Silent Majority" cared about much less than
they cared about Bill's sex life. "When in doubt, choose life."?

George and Jeb identify with the brain-dead, which is understandable.
Let old folks drown or starve, in spite of the fact they are almost
next door to a naval air station in LA.

The NO mayor and LA governor are the ones most responsible,but being
Democrats,you excuse them.

3. Oh, and let .coms and telecoms and a bunch of other companies
screw the economy because Janet Reno was too busy burning people to
death in Waco and shooting American kids, mothers and dogs at Ruby
Ridge. Bill was WAY to busy with this agenda to keep corporate over
site in check.

The FBI hasn't invaded many cabins, and Waco was a disaster set up by
another fake Christian who f----- children.

Tell me how BATF has jurisdiction on allegations of child abuse? Or drug
making,as also was wrongfully alleged to illegally obtain use of military
assets

The feds were ready to
kidnap Elian Gonzalex to save him from a fate worse than
Republicanism.....where were they when children were drowning in NO?

The NOLA mayor and LA Governor were to act FIRST.Those children would not
have been drowning if their mayor and Governor had evacuated them
*according to their own plan*.

[...]

The vast majority of them. You should keep up on your reading.

media's word for anything anymore. And the information is this: All
the bunk the liberals feed us is nothing more than eye-candy
propaganda with no substance. NONE.

Will you identify the liberals who feed you eye-candy propaganda? I
need to know so's I can help root them out.

You wouldn't accept anyone's data anyways,so it would be a waste of time.

[...]

The old "something for nothing" scam;that's how she'd pay for her giveaway
programs.

Nobody
can bear to admit a LIBERAL has one good idea, so they don't bother
even to listen.

They mostly are not honest enough to deal with.Especially Hillary.

Sorry for the rant.

Jake

Oh no!!! That one is going to leave a mark...

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

G Henslee

Crank-Post 2002 wrote:

Right, nothing good to say about Bush and his crime family.

So, STFU about it asswipe.
JerryL

Right, nothing good to say about Bush and his crime family.

When Bush was asked for his opinion of Roe vs. Wade he replied, "I don't
care how they get out of New Orleans".

G Henslee

Crank-Post 2002 wrote:
G Henslee wrote in :

Crank-Post 2002 wrote:

Right, nothing good to say about Bush and his crime family.

So, STFU about it asswipe.

So, ESAD about it asswipe.

Your momma's eatin' my **** these days. I'll tell her to save some for
you.
FDR

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"FDR" wrote in message

The S&P sheets say otherwise. For instance, Citigroup last year has a
pre-tax income of $24,182 million, an effective tas rate of 28.6%, and a
net income of $17,046 million.

So, companies do pay taxes.

Where does the money come from to pay those taxes? From the consumer, of
course. The company may send the check to the government but the people
still pay the taxes for every business. If you tax a business, it sounds
good and is easy for politicians to sell to the voters, but the reality is
those costs of doing business are passed on to the customer, you and me.

Hey, copmpanies don't pay for a lot of things then. They don't pay for
advertising, they judt pss it along. They don't pay for wages, they just
pass it along. They don't pay for equipment, they pass it along.

So anyway, you can put the taxes anywhere you want, but to outright say the
companies don't pay taxes is an incorrect statement.

FDR

wrote:

"ndugu" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, those policies of lower interest rates and low unemployment and
lowering debt. How silly they were.

impressively, Clinton reversed the mammoth deficits of the Supply Side
years, turning them into surpluses. He used these surpluses to begin
paying
down the national debt.

He rode an economic wave he did not create, and took credit
for it.

Sour grapes.

Duane Bozarth

FDR wrote:

Hey, copmpanies don't pay for a lot of things then. They don't pay for
advertising, they judt pss it along. They don't pay for wages, they just
pass it along. They don't pay for equipment, they pass it along.

That's true...just like "the government" doesn't pay for anything,
either.
Gideon

Where the hell is "here"??

Telstra wrote in message ...
Post it at HVAC not here

Jim Yanik . wrote:
Oh,that EXCUSES BJ Clinton's wrongs?
And they lied to -their wives-,not to the NATION,and not under oath.

Exactly 0 people died because of Clinton's sexual escapades.
Thousands of people have died because of Bush's lies and incompetence.