Jake

ndugu wrote:
I hate welfare!

I want to know what source you cut-and-pasted that piece of propaganda
from before I take the time to begin researching it fully?

When Carter was president, at least near the end of his term, there were
no jobs to be had anywhere... I should know... I was looking for one.
Not even McDonalds was hiring.

During the Reagan years we spent a lot of money, to be sure. Gee, I
wonder how and why the Soviet Union finally collapsed after many years
of threatening our country with nuclear annihilation? Maybe it was a
coincidence (not)? Was there a 'Peace Dividend' in that little detail?
You'd be silly not to see it....

GHWB and Clinton both rode on the coattails of Ronald Reagan's
decisions. Bush I was a brainiac trying to play political games he
didn't have the will for... his son does. Clinton did nothing but
capitulate to his friends in Congress and ride along for the good time
which would not last.

The myth of big corperations is over, my friend. GM is nearly broke, US
Steel and AT&T are no more, Boeing Aircraft hardly sniffs at military
contracts anymore, and even Microsoft ain't what it used to be.

Here's the kicker: Big corporations create jobs... a lot of jobs. When
they make money, they pay their people decent wages and support the
communities they do business in and carry huge tax burdens (even with
the breaks they get). Big Corporations also buy lots of stuff from
smaller companies, which spurs the economy further. Oh, and yes, the
investors in these Big Corporations also make some money... is that
evil, too?

Your argument is old, Chief, and represents the 'sound-bite' thinking I
was alluding to and also represents you as someone who can't think for
himself.

Evil, big corporations are the biggest benefactor of welfare, my ass.
They are a huge component of innovation and GNP in America.

Think for yourself before cut-and-paste propaganda that is meaningless.

Oh ****.. another rant.....

Jake