Default Latex - Oil Paint Problem

Four years ago I replaced the floor on my un-enclosed cottage porch in
Canada with 2x6 TG cedar which is coated with a flat latex solid floor
stain which has worked well. (I know you will understand when I say
that it was one of those projects where you were not certain what to
do, but you got advice and thought about it, planned it, executed it in
limited time and four years later the results are still better than you
hoped for...Yes, one of those projects.) Anyhow, while I was away, my
aging Mother had one of her visiting "helpful" friends (who is
currently still alive) paint over parts of the stained deck with an
gloss oil based floor paint. I want to restore the consistent stained
look of the deck. I have sanded down (de-glossed only) a 2'x 2' square
of the oil painted area and re-applied the same latex solid stain as a
test over the winter. The porch is open from underneath and has high
air flow. So, I know I have a problem which is probably not reversable
given the incompatible nature of the coatings, but I would be obliged
for any thoughts on corrective measures. Thanks! D. MacQueen

Large spots appearing in latex paint - with runny gunk coming out! (seriously!) MrC1 Home Repair 20 April 5th 05 02:13 AM
Paint Problem Leo Home Repair 5 February 8th 05 12:01 PM
cheap latext paint as latex based concrete admixture William Deans Home Repair 14 December 29th 04 06:03 AM
Latex paint Julian Fowler UK diy 2 July 16th 03 04:30 PM
Paint Problem BigWallop UK diy 0 July 5th 03 10:29 PM