BigWallop

Default Paint Problem

"Tony Mclaughlan" wrote in message
I am painting the bathroom. It was a very dark shiny blue colour and I am
painting it magnolia to neutralise it. After 4 coats its covering ok but
looking at the walls in detail there seems to be tiny cracks appearing in
places.
I have given it the final coat and waited for it to dry and again there

are
tiny cracks in it showing the blue colour underneath.
Anyone know how I can resolve this? Would a coat of watered PVA do the
trick?

Thanks in advance

The shiny blue surface was probably gloss paint and you should have sanded
the surface of it to give a key for your new magnolia. You'll have to wait
for it to really settle for a couple of days before you peel your new paint
off with your fingers and start again. Preparation is 99% of the job. Or
as my late Dad used to say, " The more the hurry, the less the speed "