Julian Fowler

Default Latex paint

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:30:55 +0000, parish parish_AT_ntlworld.com
wrote:

In US DIY shows, such as This Old House, you frequently hear them talk
about latex paint. AFAICT it is used where we would use emulsion.

Anyone know anything about it? Is it any good? Is it available in the UK?

AFAIR its the same as what we call "vinyl matt/silk" etc.

Julian

--
Julian Fowler
John Schmitt

In article ,
parish parish_AT_ntlworld.com writes:

In US DIY shows, such as This Old House, you frequently hear them talk
about latex paint. AFAICT it is used where we would use emulsion.

Anyone know anything about it? Is it any good? Is it available in the UK?

In the USA the word "latex" is not a tightly defined as in the
UK. In the UK, it is taken to mean latices of either natural or
synthetic rubbers. Emulsions are synthetic polymer suspensions
which do not fall under the previous umbrella, plus natural
emulsions such as milk. You will find that if you can get US
paint, it is very appreciably different to the British product.

John Schmitt

--
If you have nothing to say, or rather, something extremely stupid
and obvious, say it, but in a 'plonking' tone of voice - i.e.

parish