Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
CWLee

Default Two Termite Types?

Doing my homework on getting rid of my
termites, I learn there are two types of concern
here in the Southern California area: drywall
termites, which live in the house and eat the wood, and
subterranean termites, which live in the soil adjacent to
the house and visit the house daily for breakfast, lunch,
and dinner.

I know I have the drywall type, based on their droppings
on the second floor of the house and in the attic crawl
space. I plan to have the house tented to get rid of
them. I wonder about subterranean termites.

Fumigation is supposed to kill all the drywall termites, and
practically none of the subterranean ones. How does one
determine if any subterranean ones are present? If they are
present, how does one get rid of them?
--
CWLee

Termite control dino Home Repair 2 October 20th 04 10:12 PM
Termite problem (Bay Area, CA) Bill Home Ownership 2 March 31st 04 09:12 PM
Buying a house with termite damage techshare Home Repair 9 March 26th 04 04:14 AM
Termite Activity Reported in Home Email Invalid Home Ownership 5 March 21st 04 05:14 PM
termite question Krystonia5 Home Repair 8 March 17th 04 04:51 AM