CWLee

Default Two Termite Types?

Doing my homework on getting rid of my
termites, I learn there are two types of concern
here in the Southern California area: drywall
termites, which live in the house and eat the wood, and
subterranean termites, which live in the soil adjacent to
the house and visit the house daily for breakfast, lunch,
and dinner.

I know I have the drywall type, based on their droppings
on the second floor of the house and in the attic crawl
space. I plan to have the house tented to get rid of
them. I wonder about subterranean termites.

Fumigation is supposed to kill all the drywall termites, and
practically none of the subterranean ones. How does one
determine if any subterranean ones are present? If they are
present, how does one get rid of them?
--
CWLee