dino

Default Termite control

Hello guys,

I need your oppinion about termite control.
I have recently discovered 3 tubes in one place between garage and house and
when I opened 1st tube I saw bunch termite going up and down the tube.
In next day or so, I put some kind of ants/bugs/termite killer (it was in
bottle bought in Lowes) concetrate, so I mixed with watter and pour in the
soil around those tubes with termites.
I have waited few days before I have opened those tubes and didn't see any
termite in.
I waited few more days and say few termites again in those tubes agian, so I
pure in the rest of that concetrate mixed with watter into the ground by
those tubes today.
I am not sure if it will work out or not.

Can you guys recommend something really good about termite and what kills
them, some kind of chemicalls what I can buy and where should I go to buy
this thing.

All advice and help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Very sincerely,

Dino K.

P.S., I have had pest control here few days ago and they make an estimate
about $1200 + I have to sign contract for a year long, so they can stop by
every quarter and check this things with termite on. Is that to much or is
it reasonable price???
If it's to much, do you know someone else who do I need to contact about
it??

Thanks.

Lar

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:19:42 GMT, "dino" wrote:

Can you guys recommend something really good about termite and what kills
them, some kind of chemicalls what I can buy and where should I go to buy
this thing.

All advice and help will be highly appreciated.

You are dealing with an underground colony so anything you put out
will stop them there, but they will just move over a bit to an
untreated area. Termiticides are formulated to last a number of
years, where as general insecticides for lawn/garden pests will break
down rather quickly, so any of those types of products will be short
lived which will probably branch the colony off to another location
and then probably have them return within a year in the original
location. If you shop around for a professional the best product out
there in way of stopping the termites that they can use is one called
Termidor..the second will be Phantom a close third will be Premise,
followed by the pyrethroids then baiting. Cost will vary greatly from
company to company.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv