Lar

In article ,
says...

I know I have the drywall type, based on their droppings
on the second floor of the house and in the attic crawl
space. I plan to have the house tented to get rid of
them. I wonder about subterranean termites.

Fumigation is supposed to kill all the drywall termites, and
practically none of the subterranean ones. How does one
determine if any subterranean ones are present? If they are
present, how does one get rid of them?

The company you hire for the dry wood termite fumigation will do a
thorough inspection and should be able to locate any sub's also. As
mentioned the obvious signs will be mud tubes along the foundation..
http://arrow-pestcontrol.com/termite.htm some of the subtle signs will
be pin holes in the walls capped with mud...blistering of the painted
surfaces..mud where two pieces of wood may meet. Their treatment is
either treating the soil with a liquid or using baiting systems. My
suggestion for the best sub termite protection would be, if needed, to
have the home treated with a liquid called Termidor.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS