Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Bill

Default Termite problem (Bay Area, CA)

I moved to Bay Area, CA two years ago and bought my current house. Recently
I found the wood particles left by termite damage dropped from the wood
ceiling of my garage. After I cleaned it, they dorpped again. So I assume
that my house has termite problems. What kind of treatment options can I
have? Usually how much does it cost? Is tenting (fumigation) generally
required?

Can anyone recommend a good termite expert in Bay Area (especially east
bay). How good are the big names like Terminix or Orkin? I am really
terrified by this. Thanks for your help.

PCOpug

Call your local agriculture extension agent, ask them if they know any Pest
Control Operators near you.
Send them some samples of the particles.
Sounds like Carpenter Ants to me.

Eric Paulsen

There are different types of termites which have different biology and thus
different strategies for control, as well as other wood destroying pests.

You can search for licensed companies he
http://www.pcoc.org/hire/index.cfm

Eric