meirman

In alt.home.repair on 1 Aug 2005 04:42:45 -0700 Banty
posted:

In article , meirman says...

In alt.home.repair on 31 Jul 2005 07:57:35 -0700 Banty
posted:

IMO the very commmon eyesore around here in upstate New York are above-ground
pools. I hate the sight of those things. But I'd definitely be swimming against
the tide to complain...

Banty

I agree that they are ugly. Why can't they dig a hole and put the
above ground pool in the hole!

The expense, the crappy clay soil around here...

Hey, if it is really clay, why do they need a pool?

Just take a propane torch and fire the surface a few inches at a time,
and they'll have a china swimming hole.

Banty

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.
Steve Stone

Two fences side by side is not always the sign of a turf war.

In my town fences are required to be placed one foot back from the
property line. Two friendly neighbors who need to fence in their yards
for whatever reason would have a 2 foot gap between their fences.

Looks stupid but the reasons where to keep our dogs in our yards and not
make them a problem for others.

wildlife migrates between fields behind and across from us in that 2
foot gap, deer, fox, turkeys, wood chucks, rabbits, etc.
Banty

In article , Steve Stone says...

Two fences side by side is not always the sign of a turf war.

In my town fences are required to be placed one foot back from the
property line. Two friendly neighbors who need to fence in their yards
for whatever reason would have a 2 foot gap between their fences.

Looks stupid but the reasons where to keep our dogs in our yards and not
make them a problem for others.

wildlife migrates between fields behind and across from us in that 2
foot gap, deer, fox, turkeys, wood chucks, rabbits, etc.

Well, not if the neighbors (since you say it's not a turf way) agree as to how
to close up the gap.

The two fences like that on my block eventually both changed hands, and of
course the new neighbors don't have the feud the old neighbors did. So they
placed rocks in the intervening space (which is more like 10 inches) and
maintain it plannt-free with herbicides.

But the problem you point to - how to maintain that space between fence and
property line, is why my municipality allows the fence to be put on the property
line. It's not so in-the-face as some folks seem to think. It's actually the
most practical place to put the fence. It avoids tresspass-to-maintain and
adverse possession issues.

Banty