Melissa

Default cutting chain link fence

We've lost several trees to the hurricanes this year, along with most of our
privacy fence. We found a 9' Golden Raintree growing through our chain link
fence that is behind where the privacy fence was. I'd like to relocate it
to the front yard to replace a missing tree. The roots and trunk start on
our side of the fence, the trunk went through one of the openings and is
growing tall on the other side of the fence. Due to the location of the
roots, the tree belongs to us, no?

If so, is it possible to cut the chain link to remove the tree, and then
somehow repair the cut section? I'd need to open the fence about halfway up
from the bottom, and the spot is 3 or 4 sections over from the nearest post,
if that helps.

--

Melissa

Edwin Pawlowski

"Melissa" wrote in message

If so, is it possible to cut the chain link to remove the tree, and then
somehow repair the cut section? I'd need to open the fence about halfway
up
from the bottom, and the spot is 3 or 4 sections over from the nearest
post,
if that helps.

Yes. It has been many years so I forget the details, but you unwind the bad
portion wind in a new portion. You have to undo the part from the break to
the end as it is stretched taut. When you do that, it may be movable enough
that you don't have to cut it at all. After you are don, you re-stretch and
attach it.

Colbyt

"Melissa" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

You may not need to cut the fence. Chain link fence is designed so that
sections can be added or removed simply by disconnected the top and bottom
loops and twisting out a single wire like using a corkscrew in reverse.
There can not be tension on the fence while you are doing this. By the time
you rent of buy a come-a-long and fence stretcher it might be cheaper to buy
a new tree.

Go here and read for an overview of what is involved:

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=howT...rightNavLumber

Colbyt