Edwin Pawlowski

"Melissa" wrote in message

If so, is it possible to cut the chain link to remove the tree, and then
somehow repair the cut section? I'd need to open the fence about halfway
up
from the bottom, and the spot is 3 or 4 sections over from the nearest
post,
if that helps.

Yes. It has been many years so I forget the details, but you unwind the bad
portion wind in a new portion. You have to undo the part from the break to
the end as it is stretched taut. When you do that, it may be movable enough
that you don't have to cut it at all. After you are don, you re-stretch and
attach it.