Melissa

Default cutting chain link fence

We've lost several trees to the hurricanes this year, along with most of our
privacy fence. We found a 9' Golden Raintree growing through our chain link
fence that is behind where the privacy fence was. I'd like to relocate it
to the front yard to replace a missing tree. The roots and trunk start on
our side of the fence, the trunk went through one of the openings and is
growing tall on the other side of the fence. Due to the location of the
roots, the tree belongs to us, no?

If so, is it possible to cut the chain link to remove the tree, and then
somehow repair the cut section? I'd need to open the fence about halfway up
from the bottom, and the spot is 3 or 4 sections over from the nearest post,
if that helps.

--

Melissa