Frank Thompson

Default water soluble hornet killer

Real Kill Wasp & Hornet Killer does a great joib on instant killing.
Contains tralomethrin and d-trans allethrin. It is aerosol spray. Too
dangerous to get on ladder when at war with hornets. Anyone know
of water soluble compound that is equally effective that I can apply
with my pressure washer from the ground.
Frank
Georgia
m Ransley

Ortho Sevin, but not with a power washer, buy it in the liquid bottle
you attach to a garden hose. But best is the powder, getting it on the
nest at night.

Peter Huebner

In article , gnx52
@alltel.invalid.net.i says...
Real Kill Wasp & Hornet Killer does a great joib on instant killing.
Contains tralomethrin and d-trans allethrin. It is aerosol spray. Too
dangerous to get on ladder when at war with hornets. Anyone know
of water soluble compound that is equally effective that I can apply
with my pressure washer from the ground.
Frank
Georgia

I've had good success by dusting the flighthole with Carbaryl late at
night. Two days later there were no live wasps left. I believe it's
water soluble.

-P.
Henry \Ham\ Hammond

"Frank Thompson" wrote in message
Real Kill Wasp & Hornet Killer does a great joib on instant killing.
Contains tralomethrin and d-trans allethrin. It is aerosol spray. Too
dangerous to get on ladder when at war with hornets. Anyone know
of water soluble compound that is equally effective that I can apply
with my pressure washer from the ground.
Frank
Georgia

Just plain old soapy water usually does the trick.

-

"Henry "Ham" Hammond" wrote in message
. ..

"Frank Thompson" wrote in message
Real Kill Wasp & Hornet Killer does a great joib on instant killing.
Contains tralomethrin and d-trans allethrin. It is aerosol spray. Too
dangerous to get on ladder when at war with hornets. Anyone know
of water soluble compound that is equally effective that I can apply
with my pressure washer from the ground.
Frank
Georgia

Just plain old soapy water usually does the trick.

That's what we use for just about every flying insect. Killer bees
expecially. Best to hit them right after dark. Don't think I'd use a
pressure washer though. A strong pump up would be better. I put one of those
plastic bottle type things that the garden centers sell on the end of a
water hose. Fill it up with dishwashing soap and you can always be prepared.

-

Larry Caldwell

In article , gnx52
@alltel.invalid.net.i (Frank Thompson) says...
Real Kill Wasp & Hornet Killer does a great joib on instant killing.
Contains tralomethrin and d-trans allethrin. It is aerosol spray. Too
dangerous to get on ladder when at war with hornets. Anyone know
of water soluble compound that is equally effective that I can apply
with my pressure washer from the ground.

Sevin. You would be better off with a hand pump sprayer. Pressure
washers are too high power.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc
Neon John

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 08:05:55 -0400, Frank Thompson
wrote:

Real Kill Wasp & Hornet Killer does a great joib on instant killing.
Contains tralomethrin and d-trans allethrin. It is aerosol spray. Too
dangerous to get on ladder when at war with hornets. Anyone know
of water soluble compound that is equally effective that I can apply
with my pressure washer from the ground.
Frank
Georgia

I've found gasoline to be one of the best wasp killers. A couple of
shots into the nest hole from a squirt bottle filled with gas causes
instant death.

Similarly, a mason jar of gas upended over the hole of a yellow jacket
nest nukes 'em to the next world instantly.

(now we pause while the econazis howl....)

Only a small amount of gas is involved with the spritz bottle so the
fire hazard is minimal. Just don't light a match to check your aim!
:-)

Another great nuker is R-134a refrigerant. I got the idea from some
heavy duty industrial wasp killer we used to get at TVA. It was a mix
of some insecticide and R12. The R12 froze the bugs in place until
the poison killed 'em. One blast of the stuff and animation ceases.

I experimented with R12 alone and found it to be equally effective.
Turns out that freezing the l'il boogers kills 'em dead, no
insecticide needed. Now that R12 is EVIL, I've found that R-134a
works almost as well. It isn't as good a solvent as R12 so it doesn't
soak in as well but it still freezes 'em dead.

You could run a small tube along the length of a paint roller
extension rod or something similar. Connect the ground end to a
blowoff can of R-134a. Use the rod to stick the other end in the
nest's hole, turn the blowoff can upside down and let 'er rip!

I've used this attack scenario on large wasp nests with great success.
I've yet to have the opportunity to try it on a hornet's nest. I have
no doubt that it would work just fine, especially at night.

John
---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN

i use gas. if your goin head to head with hornets yo need something
that will drop em imediately. ... night is the only time to get em all.

TURTLE

"Frank Thompson" wrote in message
Real Kill Wasp & Hornet Killer does a great joib on instant killing.
Contains tralomethrin and d-trans allethrin. It is aerosol spray. Too
dangerous to get on ladder when at war with hornets. Anyone know
of water soluble compound that is equally effective that I can apply
with my pressure washer from the ground.
Frank
Georgia

This is Turtle.

I will tell you one replacement for the wasp killers in the spray can and that
is Brake dust cleaner. Auto Zone has it in a yellow and black can for $.99 a can
and works just as good as the $4 and $5 a can wasp spray in a spray can . I use
it for wasp , bees, and ants . I have HVAC condenser units with ants and wasp
nest in them and this brake dust cleaner will kill them real fast. Now with ants
to get rid of them totally you have to use a poison of some type to get the
Queen down in the ground of the nest.

TURTLE

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Water Softeners, good or bad?? Martin Hirsch Home Repair 23 July 14th 04 03:27 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM