CWLee

Default (OT) - Removing Gasoline Odor?

(This is somewhat off-topic, but I have a lot of respect for
the knowledge contained in this newsgroup.)

About a pint of gasoline was spilled in the far back of my
station wagon. Odor remains a week later, although I've put
hundreds of miles on the car with all windows, including the
rear window, open. Any suggestions for getting rid of the
odor? Thanks.

--
----------
CWLee

Phisherman

Place a fan on the spot where the gasoline was spilled. Sunshine will
help. You can try shampooing the carpet--you can buy aerosol shampoo
cans in the auto supply. Fabreeze might help too.

On Fri, 27 May 2005 18:10:55 -0700, "CWLee"
wrote:

(This is somewhat off-topic, but I have a lot of respect for
the knowledge contained in this newsgroup.)

About a pint of gasoline was spilled in the far back of my
station wagon. Odor remains a week later, although I've put
hundreds of miles on the car with all windows, including the
rear window, open. Any suggestions for getting rid of the
odor? Thanks.

TURTLE

"CWLee" wrote in message

(This is somewhat off-topic, but I have a lot of respect for
the knowledge contained in this newsgroup.)

About a pint of gasoline was spilled in the far back of my
station wagon. Odor remains a week later, although I've put
hundreds of miles on the car with all windows, including the
rear window, open. Any suggestions for getting rid of the
odor? Thanks.

--
----------
CWLee
Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred
cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and
promote for performance, not preferences.

This is Turtle

Well time will do it with 60 to 90 days with good venting. I have found nothing
to really get rid of it. I have had it twice in my work trucks and time was the
only cure.

TURTLE

Stormin Mormon

Dunno if this will do any good. But simple green (spray on), hot water, and
scrub brush. Draw it up with a wetvack or upholstery tip for a carpet
cleaner.

Just a thought.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"CWLee" wrote in message

(This is somewhat off-topic, but I have a lot of respect for
the knowledge contained in this newsgroup.)

About a pint of gasoline was spilled in the far back of my
station wagon. Odor remains a week later, although I've put
hundreds of miles on the car with all windows, including the
rear window, open. Any suggestions for getting rid of the
odor? Thanks.

--
----------
CWLee
Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred
cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and
promote for performance, not preferences.

MUADIB®

About a pint of gasoline was spilled in the far back of my
station wagon. Odor remains a week later, although I've put
hundreds of miles on the car with all windows, including the
rear window, open. Any suggestions for getting rid of the
odor? Thanks.

Close it up with arm and hammer for a while and that should do it.
I like another posters "Febreeze" approach also. But you gotta close
it up at night. ARM and HAMMER

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

If A Quiz is Quizical,
What is a test?

Nick Hull

In article ,
"CWLee" wrote:

(This is somewhat off-topic, but I have a lot of respect for
the knowledge contained in this newsgroup.)

About a pint of gasoline was spilled in the far back of my
station wagon. Odor remains a week later, although I've put
hundreds of miles on the car with all windows, including the
rear window, open. Any suggestions for getting rid of the
odor? Thanks.

I've found the smoke from a handfull of burning hay will remove all
kinds of odors, even skunk. If you are creative enough you could make a
tiny safe smoky fire inside the vehicle. Maybe burning a small candle
in a water filled pan and feeding hay into the flame.

Have you tried burning incense?

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
CWLee

"Nick Hull" wrote

Have you tried burning incense?

No, and thanks for the idea - both incense and burning hay.
Being a city boy, in a big city, I wonder how far I'd have
to go into the country find a place where I could buy a
handful of hay. :-)

I posted this to 2 other groups, and the best solution so
far is a household cleaning product called Fabrese or
Febrese or something very similar. I bought a small spray
container of it and have sprayed the area 3 times and the
smell is decreasing. Of course that might have happened
anyway, and at the same rate, but I'm glad it is going away.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Bob S.

CWLee wrote:
(This is somewhat off-topic, but I have a lot of respect for
the knowledge contained in this newsgroup.)

About a pint of gasoline was spilled in the far back of my
station wagon. Odor remains a week later, although I've put
hundreds of miles on the car with all windows, including the
rear window, open. Any suggestions for getting rid of the
odor? Thanks.

--
----------
CWLee

I spilled 5 gallons in the back of my SUV. I removed the carpet and
washed it good several times and it still smelled strong. I bought a
couple of boxes of carpet cleaner (scented baking soda) and put
under/on top the carpet, left it for a week or so, vacuumed it all out,
and the smell was gone.

Bob S.

Nick Hull

In article ,
"CWLee" wrote:

"Nick Hull" wrote

Have you tried burning incense?

No, and thanks for the idea - both incense and burning hay.
Being a city boy, in a big city, I wonder how far I'd have
to go into the country find a place where I could buy a
handful of hay. :-)

Have you tried a handfull of grass or weeds? Anything with stems.