Bob S.

CWLee wrote:
(This is somewhat off-topic, but I have a lot of respect for
the knowledge contained in this newsgroup.)

About a pint of gasoline was spilled in the far back of my
station wagon. Odor remains a week later, although I've put
hundreds of miles on the car with all windows, including the
rear window, open. Any suggestions for getting rid of the
odor? Thanks.

--
CWLee

I spilled 5 gallons in the back of my SUV. I removed the carpet and
washed it good several times and it still smelled strong. I bought a
couple of boxes of carpet cleaner (scented baking soda) and put
under/on top the carpet, left it for a week or so, vacuumed it all out,
and the smell was gone.

Bob S.