udarrell

Default Are Air Conditioning Manufacturers' a bit too näive in Respect to What Consumers Want and Need?

Are HVAC Manufacturers' a bit too näive in Respect to What consumers,
contractors, and techs in the field Want and Need?

As an A/C owner, would you like to be able to check the performance of your
expensive equipment with the use of a simple thermometer and humidity gauge?

I firmly believe, that I could take a manufacturing company and by
implementing "Creative Value-Added Ideas," leave the other companies in the
dust! It is about creating Values that the Consumers' and Contractors' Want
and Need.

By Implementing Value-Added Ideas, Marketing niche hooks are created that
are irresistible to potential consumers. Additionally, Contractors will push
the manufacture's equipment that is most easily and effectively serviced,
which benefits everyone in the industry as well as reducing the wasteful use
of scarce energy resources. Consumers are desperate to reduce their
expenditures on heating and air conditioning.

"Therefore, let's hear your Value-Added Ideas."

What sector do you represent, consumer, contractor, tech, or manufacturing
industry?

Review the 'linked' attempt by me in only one arena, -- to address how
manufacturer's could help themselves and everyone in the industry.
- udarrell - Darrell

--
Air-Conditioning Manufacturing Companies - Adding Marketing Values to A/C
Equipment

http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...fficiency.html

m Ransley

It would be nice to know then you would know when service is needed and
what you are loosing in extra Kwh-Ng cost. With sensors and computers
being so cheap it should not cost that much all feeding to a special
thermostat for easy readout. Even so you could program in your own
utility costs. I need to learn to check my own superheat or whatever it
is called as no tech I have ever had at any location has ever done more
than use freon gauges and check temp drop inside. It would boost service
calls, good for techs as people would know things are off and wasting
energy.

Abby Normal

Why do you have the need to drag threads into sci.engr.heat-vent-ac

Steve B.

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:08:27 -0500, "udarrell"
wrote:

What sector do you represent, consumer, contractor, tech, or manufacturing
industry?

As a consumer I would love for the unit to have some sort of
indicator that tells me how well the system is performing. Now if I
were to develop a small freon leak I might not notice the decreased
system performance and it could go unnoticed until my next yearly
service or I could have a dirty coil and need to have the tech come
out every six months but have no way of knowing.

Steve B.

udarrell

Steve, you and Ranlsy make my case!
I Thank both of you!

Which Heating and A/C manufacturer and contractor would you want to buy
your equipment from, the "Value Added" ones' or those that leave you in the
dark?

We need to demand that the manufacturers' provide more helpful technical
information to consumers and to the contractor's and their techs!
- udarrell - Darrell

--
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditioning-seer.html
======================

Steve B. wrote:

As a consumer I would love for the unit to have some sort of
indicator that tells me how well the system is performing...

Sounds like another job for a wireless home automation computer. Put an
air velocity sensor (a temperature probe next to a resistor, and maybe an
RH sensor) in a duct in a heat pump and measure the airflow and air outlet
temp and room temp and RH and (possibly) outdoor temp and electrical power.
If efficiency falls, call an HVAC tech...

Nick

m Ransley

I would not care as long as it wasn`t Goodman. The only reason Im
looking at Carrier-Lennox is VS DC, Humidistat, thermostat. but Carrier
has fan speed at thermostat setting option, and more options with their
Infinity line thermostat. As electronics get cheaper so do options.

stretch

Having a homeowner do their own diagnosis is scary, considering how
many techs can't do it properly. Getting a computer to tell you there
MAY be something wrong is already here. Trane has had it on their heat
pumps for years as part of the defrost boards (Only worked in heat,
flashed light on the thermostat). Lennox and Carrier have had limited
diagnostics available on heat pumps as well. Someone else came up with
a black box that had a modem that would dial out to service company for
certain kinds of problems. Very expensive, did not catch on, company
went broke. Some high end residential & commercial zoning systems have
it still, but not common.

Interesting idea but not yet cheap, good if you are away from home a
lot. Alarm companies can do it some too.

Stretch

"stretch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Having a homeowner do their own diagnosis is scary, considering how
many techs can't do it properly. Getting a computer to tell you there
MAY be something wrong is already here. Trane has had it on their heat
pumps for years as part of the defrost boards (Only worked in heat,
flashed light on the thermostat). Lennox and Carrier have had limited
diagnostics available on heat pumps as well. Someone else came up with
a black box that had a modem that would dial out to service company for
certain kinds of problems. Very expensive, did not catch on, company
went broke. Some high end residential & commercial zoning systems have
it still, but not common.

Interesting idea but not yet cheap, good if you are away from home a
lot. Alarm companies can do it some too.

Stretch

I dont know where everyones been, but York offers a module that will:
1-Fax the installing company when the unit has an issue
2-Call the installing company when the unit has an issue
3-PAGE the installing company when the unit has an issue
4-E-mail the installing company when the unit has an issue.

It can be set up to do one, or all the above, and can alert the owner of the
equipment as well.
Or, it can just be set up to alert the owner of the equipment, and then they
can call who they want.

Its not expensive as far as the industry goes, it works, and its priceless
when you show up as they realize that a unit has a problem..
of course, on commercial equipment it pays for itself the first call, and on
res, well...its not something for everyone, but a few buy it.

Yorks new Affinity line of heat pump has a module that not only will tell
the tech what happened and when, but it will save the codes in a manner that
allows for a logistical troubleshoot should it be needed.

Tekkie®

posted for all of us...

"stretch" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Is this like OBDC HVAC?
--

Tekkie

"Tekkie®" wrote in message
ganews.com...
posted for all of us...

"stretch" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

better

--

Tekkie

Air conditioning Hugh UK diy 139 April 14th 05 04:55 PM
TURN OFF AIR CONDITIONING POWER Howie Home Repair 7 October 28th 04 04:29 PM
Air Conditioning Problem? WORSS Home Repair 13 September 8th 04 07:27 PM
more fun with air conditioning J Jensen Home Ownership 56 September 7th 04 06:20 AM
Consumer unit and air conditioning Alex H UK diy 2 February 9th 04 08:55 PM