Default Schematic?: Maytag Washing Machine Control Board (or Board itself)

I need either the schematic for the control board for a Maytag
'Neptune' Model MAH3000AWW washing machine, or the board itself if I
can't get the schematic.

Can anybody be of help? Maytag wants to sell me the board: toooo
expensive.

Christopher A. Steele

Jeff:

Posted the question for a friend who is off on a short trip, back
late today (he's got a background in electronics). I'm not sure exactly
what the symptoms are, but will post them after he gets back.
Thanks!

//cas

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

I'm not sure exactly what the symptoms are, but
will post them after he gets back.

Great!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Jeff:

Here's what he gave me.

1. Washer does not spin or tumble.
2. 'Door locked' light comes on.
3. +25 at P3-1 measures 120 vac with Dvm (when 'door locked' light on)
to neutral ref. (possibly open ground ref.)

No +24 at P3-7 to motor control (measuring to neutral ref.)

+24 is measured across large filter cap at output of bridge diode on
central board.

160 Ohm is measured from (-) of cap to neutral.

Then 'friend' writes "It looks like an open grnd. ref" which is a
statement rather than a question.

Thanks, Jeff.

//cas

Mad Mac

There's an excellent site about the whole Neptune control board fiasco at:

http://members.shaw.ca/gavb/

Lots of good info on there.

Good Luck!
Appliance Repair Aid

1. Washer does not spin or tumble.

Quick test....check for 110-120 volts AC comming into the motor control
board ( bottom right of the washer )...power there = the controls (
machine board, timer, switchs ) are telling the motor to go but the
problem is in the motor/motor board. No power there and the problem is
likely in the machine board, timer, switchs.

http://www.applianceaid.com/neptune11.htm
http://appliancehelp.hypermart.net/x...ne_mah3000.pdf
Some other stuff that may help.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Jeff:

Here's what he gave me.

1. Washer does not spin or tumble.
2. 'Door locked' light comes on.
3. +25 at P3-1 measures 120 vac with Dvm (when 'door locked' light

on)
to neutral ref. (possibly open ground ref.)

No +24 at P3-7 to motor control (measuring to neutral ref.)

+24 is measured across large filter cap at output of bridge diode on
central board.

160 Ohm is measured from (-) of cap to neutral.

Then 'friend' writes "It looks like an open grnd. ref" which is a
statement rather than a question.

Thanks, Jeff.

//cas

Jeff:

Gave 'friend' your comments this morning and we'll see what happens.
If I get a chance I'll get back and report on any progress.
Again, thanks to you and everyone else who tried to help us.

//cas

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Machine will not spin

What do you expect from Moaners Hub?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
On Feb 21, 1:44 pm, Ron Smith
wrote:
responding
tohttp://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/schematic-maytag-washing-mac...

Yeah, you need to work faster. It's been 8 years.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

jamesgang wrote in
:

On Friday, April 1, 2005 7:43:18 PM UTC-4, Harry wrote:
I need either the schematic for the control board for a Maytag
'Neptune'

Model MAH3000AWW washing machine, or the board itself if I can't get
the schematic.Can anybody be of help? Maytag wants to sell me the
board: toooo expensive.Christopher A. Steele

Over the years I have had ZERO luck getting the schematcs for any
appliance control boards. Simpler ones like basic furnaces you can
usually just trace out. But more complex ones are just too difficult
to do that with. Often the problem is a bad solder joint so you can
look for those. Particularly around relays. You can also usually
test relays without the schematic.

My front loading whirlpool won't stop filling and start washing.
Pressure switch is good. If I bang on the control board it will start
working. $120 for the stupid board. But I'll probably end up buying
one as taking the dryer off the top to mess with it is a pain if you
have to do it very many times.

Good luck.

OP: What happens when you google?: MAH3000AWW schematic

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MAH3000AWW+schematic

Remarkable! 2nd item. 157 page service manual.

http://www.applianceblog.com/manuals...Neptunenew.pdf

HW feed to washing machine? a UK diy 7 January 7th 05 11:32 PM
Washing Machine Connections ChillDVDs UK diy 7 September 8th 04 10:54 PM
maytag neptune washing machine manual for MAH3000AWW badaddidude Electronics Repair 1 April 28th 04 04:57 PM
walking washing machine Kerry Hoskin UK diy 10 February 29th 04 11:15 PM
Zanussi washing machine - blown program selector Mat UK diy 1 July 9th 03 01:09 AM