Jeff:

Gave 'friend' your comments this morning and we'll see what happens.
If I get a chance I'll get back and report on any progress.
Again, thanks to you and everyone else who tried to help us.

//cas

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
wrote:

1. Washer does not spin or tumble.

Quick test....check for 110-120 volts AC comming into the motor

control
board ( bottom right of the washer )...power there = the controls (
machine board, timer, switchs ) are telling the motor to go but the
problem is in the motor/motor board. No power there and the problem

is
likely in the machine board, timer, switchs.

http://www.applianceaid.com/neptune11.htm
http://appliancehelp.hypermart.net/x...ne_mah3000.pdf
Some other stuff that may help.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Jeff:

Here's what he gave me.

1. Washer does not spin or tumble.
2. 'Door locked' light comes on.
3. +25 at P3-1 measures 120 vac with Dvm (when 'door locked' light

on)
to neutral ref. (possibly open ground ref.)

No +24 at P3-7 to motor control (measuring to neutral ref.)

+24 is measured across large filter cap at output of bridge diode

on
central board.

160 Ohm is measured from (-) of cap to neutral.

Then 'friend' writes "It looks like an open grnd. ref" which is a
statement rather than a question.

Thanks, Jeff.

//cas