Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking
Doc Doc is offline

Default Anti-stick utensils - cleans up in the dishwasher more readily?

Is there such a thing as utensils that are food stick-on resistant?
I'm looking to replace my pieces-parts accumulation of silverware. I
get very inconsistent results in the dishwasher no matter what
detergent I use, even adding TSP.

Thanks
Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

"Doc" wrote in message
Is there such a thing as utensils that are food stick-on resistant?
I'm looking to replace my pieces-parts accumulation of silverware. I
get very inconsistent results in the dishwasher no matter what
detergent I use, even adding TSP.

Thanks

What foods do you get that stick on utensils? If I use peanut butter, it
will stick to the knife. I just use a plastic brush to scrub it off. What
else would stick? Usually a quick rinse is all I need to get anything off.

Maybe you have a bad dishwasher?

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:10:42 -0700 (PDT), Doc
wrote:

Is there such a thing as utensils that are food stick-on resistant?
I'm looking to replace my pieces-parts accumulation of silverware. I
get very inconsistent results in the dishwasher no matter what
detergent I use, even adding TSP.

Thanks

You don't need new flatware, you need to fix the dishwasher. My stuff
comes out perfect every time. If normal food is sticking, you are not
getting proper cleaning action for some reason.
Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Is there such a thing as utensils that are food stick-on resistant?
I'm looking to replace my pieces-parts accumulation of silverware. I
get very inconsistent results in the dishwasher no matter what
detergent I use, even adding TSP.

Thanks

You don't need new flatware, you need to fix the dishwasher. My stuff
comes out perfect every time. If normal food is sticking, you are not
getting proper cleaning action for some reason.

Define 'flatware' please? Are they serving dishes?

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Is there such a thing as utensils that are food stick-on resistant?
I'm looking to replace my pieces-parts accumulation of silverware. I
get very inconsistent results in the dishwasher no matter what
detergent I use, even adding TSP.

Thanks

You don't need new flatware, you need to fix the dishwasher. My stuff
comes out perfect every time. If normal food is sticking, you are not
getting proper cleaning action for some reason.

Define 'flatware' please? Are they serving dishes?

Knives, fork and spoons that are not made of silver.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 10:06:06 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Is there such a thing as utensils that are food stick-on resistant?
I'm looking to replace my pieces-parts accumulation of silverware. I
get very inconsistent results in the dishwasher no matter what
detergent I use, even adding TSP.

Thanks

You don't need new flatware, you need to fix the dishwasher. My stuff
comes out perfect every time. If normal food is sticking, you are not
getting proper cleaning action for some reason.

Define 'flatware' please? Are they serving dishes?

Flat ware is what the OP calls silverware. Unless it is made of
silver, it is called flatware. Very few utensils are made from silver,
most are stainless steel. That is the knives, forks, spoons, used to
eat with or serve food with.
http://www.oneida.com/fine-flatware.html
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/dining-and-entertaining/flatware-patterns/1?creative=18568851176&adpos=1t3&a=784&device=c&ne twork=g&matchtype=e
Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Is there such a thing as utensils that are food stick-on resistant?
I'm looking to replace my pieces-parts accumulation of silverware. I
get very inconsistent results in the dishwasher no matter what
detergent I use, even adding TSP.

Thanks

You don't need new flatware, you need to fix the dishwasher. My stuff
comes out perfect every time. If normal food is sticking, you are not
getting proper cleaning action for some reason.

Define 'flatware' please? Are they serving dishes?

Knives, fork and spoons that are not made of silver.

Ahh thanks!

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

Define 'flatware' please? Are they serving dishes?

Flat ware is what the OP calls silverware. Unless it is made of
silver, it is called flatware. Very few utensils are made from silver,
most are stainless steel. That is the knives, forks, spoons, used to
eat with or serve food with.
http://www.oneida.com/fine-flatware.html
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/dining-and-entertaining/flatware-patterns/1?creative=18568851176&adpos=1t3&a=784&device=c&ne twork=g&matchtype=e

Thanks, curious name though

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

On 4/11/2013 7:12 AM, Ophelia wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote
Define 'flatware' please? Are they serving dishes?

Flat ware is what the OP calls silverware. Unless it is made of
silver, it is called flatware. Very few utensils are made from silver,
most are stainless steel. That is the knives, forks, spoons, used to
eat with or serve food with.
http://www.oneida.com/fine-flatware.html
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/dining-and-entertaining/flatware-patterns/1?creative=18568851176&adpos=1t3&a=784&device=c&ne twork=g&matchtype=e

Thanks, curious name though

Flat ware as opposed to hollow ware - bowls, tureens, etc.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 4/11/2013 7:12 AM, Ophelia wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote
Define 'flatware' please? Are they serving dishes?

Flat ware is what the OP calls silverware. Unless it is made of
silver, it is called flatware. Very few utensils are made from silver,
most are stainless steel. That is the knives, forks, spoons, used to
eat with or serve food with.
http://www.oneida.com/fine-flatware.html
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/dining-and-entertaining/flatware-patterns/1?creative=18568851176&adpos=1t3&a=784&device=c&ne twork=g&matchtype=e

Thanks, curious name though

Flat ware as opposed to hollow ware - bowls, tureens, etc.

uhoh another new one

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

"Doc" wrote in message
Is there such a thing as utensils that are food stick-on resistant?
I'm looking to replace my pieces-parts accumulation of silverware. I
get very inconsistent results in the dishwasher no matter what
detergent I use, even adding TSP.

Eat with your fingers! Problem solved!

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

"graham" wrote in message

"Doc" wrote in message
Is there such a thing as utensils that are food stick-on resistant?
I'm looking to replace my pieces-parts accumulation of silverware. I
get very inconsistent results in the dishwasher no matter what
detergent I use, even adding TSP.

Eat with your fingers! Problem solved!

Just don't try and leave them in the dishwasher!

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

On 4/10/2013 1:10 PM, Doc wrote:
Is there such a thing as utensils that are food stick-on resistant?
I'm looking to replace my pieces-parts accumulation of silverware. I
get very inconsistent results in the dishwasher no matter what
detergent I use, even adding TSP.

Thanks

You might have to clean the filters if you haven't done that for a
while. Typically, there will be a outer and inner filter. That's should
be the first thing to check. Good luck.
Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

What's the deal about not putting pots and pans in the dishwasher? Our
Volrath s/s, bought in 1960, has had no damage in the dishwasher, certainly
comes out perfectly clean. I can understand keeping seasoned cast iron away
from the dw but ours has been passed on to the bachelor grandsons. We can
only hope they get rinsed out from time to time. Polly

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 22:40:29 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

What's the deal about not putting pots and pans in the dishwasher? Our
Volrath s/s, bought in 1960, has had no damage in the dishwasher, certainly
comes out perfectly clean. I can understand keeping seasoned cast iron away
from the dw but ours has been passed on to the bachelor grandsons. We can
only hope they get rinsed out from time to time. Polly

In 1973 or so my first wife got a job and with her first [few?]
paycheck[s?] she bought a sears 'Potscrubber'[?] DW. I wasn't sold
on DWers and told her if it could get the camp pot clean, I'd be a
believer.

We'd bought an old aluminum pot at a garage sale when we were on
vacation in Maine. It'd had been used to steam shellfish on a
campfire for 2 weeks. Much of the camp wood was pine so this thing
was crusted with blackness. We transported it in a plastic bag. I'd
scrubbed and scraped and even used a belt sander to get the high spots
off. But it was black and yucky on the outside.

It took some convincing but I told her I'd keep running the DW until
the inside was clean again if she'd let me challenge that DW with the
camp pot.

I'm a believer! One trip through and that thing was shiny silver
again--- and the DW was none the worse for wear.

I don't do pots often-- but if there's room and the pot has more than
a oil film from boiling food, I'll use the DW.

[and if there's room but no pots I'll put a couple of the stovetop
grates in there.]

Jim

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

In article
,
Doc wrote:

Is there such a thing as utensils that are food stick-on resistant?
I'm looking to replace my pieces-parts accumulation of silverware. I
get very inconsistent results in the dishwasher no matter what
detergent I use, even adding TSP.

Thanks

Any utensil that truly is food stick-on resistant would be useless as a
utensil because the food would slide off it too soon.
Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
In article
,
Doc wrote:

Is there such a thing as utensils that are food stick-on resistant?
I'm looking to replace my pieces-parts accumulation of silverware. I
get very inconsistent results in the dishwasher no matter what
detergent I use, even adding TSP.

Thanks

Any utensil that truly is food stick-on resistant would be useless as a
utensil because the food would slide off it too soon.

It would be very useful in a Three Stooges film!

Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:05:38 -0400, Shawn Hirn
wrote:

In article
,
Doc wrote:

Is there such a thing as utensils that are food stick-on resistant?
I'm looking to replace my pieces-parts accumulation of silverware. I
get very inconsistent results in the dishwasher no matter what
detergent I use, even adding TSP.

Thanks

Any utensil that truly is food stick-on resistant would be useless as a
utensil because the food would slide off it too soon.

You've never seen a spoon?
Posted to misc.consumers.house,rec.food.cooking
Doc Doc is offline

On Apr 10, 11:02*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

You don't need new flatware, you need to fix the dishwasher. *My stuff
comes out perfect every time. *If normal food is sticking, you are not
getting proper cleaning action for some reason.

Apparently it was due to gunk and mineral buildup in various places.
The door gasket, behind the shield for the vent, inside the float cup,
the strainer at the water outlet. Went on a big cleanup campaign and
it now cleans like when it was new.