John Keith

Default Anti Siphon Air Gap for dishwasher

I have an anti siphon air gap mechanism I'm thinking of installing on
the drain line from my dishwasher. The instructions indicate that this
device is to be installed on the deck of the sink. I'm not sure my
wife will be happy with this mechanism exposed on the sink and I am
wondering if it could be installed under the sink at the highest level
possible? Would it still function at that height?

John Keith

Speedy Jim

John Keith wrote:
I have an anti siphon air gap mechanism I'm thinking of installing on
the drain line from my dishwasher. The instructions indicate that this
device is to be installed on the deck of the sink. I'm not sure my
wife will be happy with this mechanism exposed on the sink and I am
wondering if it could be installed under the sink at the highest level
possible? Would it still function at that height?

John Keith

It'll function unless the sink happens to be full.

Also, sometimes they clog up and overflow. Keep a bucket under it.

You may be better off just putting a "high loop" in the hose
and forget the airgap.
Clamp the hose so it remains nudged against the underside of the
countertop.

Jim