Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Hooking up a generator

If our power goes out again. and winter time is when it goes.
How can I hook up a 3000 watt generator to the power pole? I would like
to run in the 220 volt mode . I know I have to isolate from the power
company's feed.
any hints?
Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article , georgewk wrote:
If our power goes out again. and winter time is when it goes.
How can I hook up a 3000 watt generator to the power pole? I would like
to run in the 220 volt mode . I know I have to isolate from the power
company's feed.
any hints?

Google "transfer switch".
Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article ,
georgewk wrote:
If our power goes out again. and winter time is when it goes.
How can I hook up a 3000 watt generator to the power pole? I would like
to run in the 220 volt mode . I know I have to isolate from the power
company's feed.
any hints?

Hire an electrician to install a manual transfer switch. Unless you're
an experienced electrician yourself, you don't want to tackle the
installation.

There are automatic transfer switches, but they cost two arms and a leg,
and you'd need to have an automatic starting generator for there to be
any point to the extra expense. Figure $10K or more, plus you'd need to
maintain a reliable fuel supply.

Gary

--
Gary Heston http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

"Behind every successful woman there is an astonished man"
General of the Army (four stars) Ann Dunwoody

Plz help (hooking up icemaker) Greg Baker Home Repair 9 April 17th 08 02:01 AM
Hooking up a dryer alaric Home Repair 5 March 18th 07 09:20 PM
Hooking up my Dishwasher ??? heyyou_kim Home Repair 9 July 20th 06 01:07 PM
Hooking generator to house 220 circuit [email protected] Home Ownership 3 July 16th 05 04:46 PM
Hooking up gas dryer... blueman Home Repair 15 December 15th 04 12:40 PM