Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Run electric mower off inverter?

Hi all....

Not sure where to post this so will try here. Hope you
don't mind.

I'm in market for new lawn mower. I know I don't want
to go back a gas powered unit.

I also want something LIGHT..... so am looking at a
corded electric unit such as in link

http://tinyurl.com/ggohw

However I need something that I can take to the small
cemetery where my parents are buried to mow around
their graves. Not much area to mow

Do you think I could use an inverter and jump start
battery power pack to power this mower off grid to do
this?
Posted to misc.consumers.house
Randy

wrote:
Hi all....

Not sure where to post this so will try here. Hope you
don't mind.

I'm in market for new lawn mower. I know I don't want
to go back a gas powered unit.

I also want something LIGHT..... so am looking at a
corded electric unit such as in link

http://tinyurl.com/ggohw

However I need something that I can take to the small
cemetery where my parents are buried to mow around
their graves. Not much area to mow

Do you think I could use an inverter and jump start
battery power pack to power this mower off grid to do
this?

Look for a rechargeable electric. With battery technology such that it
is, you should get a reasonable performance (for an electric mower)
from one.

For example... a quick Google search found this one - I am sure there
are others -

http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...ProductID=2500

Posted to misc.consumers.house

"Randy" wrote:

Look for a rechargeable electric. With battery technology such that it
is, you should get a reasonable performance (for an electric mower)
from one.

Not what I want to do

integrated battery makes unit too heavy
Posted to misc.consumers.house
Craig

wrote...

Hi all....

Not sure where to post this so will try here. Hope you
don't mind.

I'm in market for new lawn mower. I know I don't want
to go back a gas powered unit.

I also want something LIGHT..... so am looking at a
corded electric unit such as in link

http://tinyurl.com/ggohw

However I need something that I can take to the small
cemetery where my parents are buried to mow around
their graves. Not much area to mow

Do you think I could use an inverter and jump start
battery power pack to power this mower off grid to do
this?

Sounds doubtful to me. You need 120 AC at 12 amps (plus more, I bet, as
the mower powers up from each stop). That's one heck of an inverter and
battery pack that'd be needed.

Craig

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Get a push reel mower. The don't require any fuel or electricity and
are very light. I have one and I can easily push it up a 45 degree
incline.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Pat Kiewicz

said:

Hi all....

Not sure where to post this so will try here. Hope you
don't mind.

I'm in market for new lawn mower. I know I don't want
to go back a gas powered unit.

I also want something LIGHT..... so am looking at a
corded electric unit such as in link

Consider the Neuton:
http://www.drpower.com/CSTM_Neuton_Home.aspx

The battery is removable. Once the battery is out the mower is
very light. Would not be a problem to load up the mower and battery
separately.

I am very pleased with mine. Smaller than any of my previous mowers
but easier to push and a lot quieter. So I walk a bit farther while mowing.

--
Pat K. ('someplace.net' is comcast)

(attributed to Don Marti)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

Consider the Neuton:
http://www.drpower.com/CSTM_Neuton_Home.aspx

Can you run it without the bagger on back of it?

I don't want to bag any clippings see?

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Pat Kiewicz

said:

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

Consider the Neuton:
http://www.drpower.com/CSTM_Neuton_Home.aspx

Can you run it without the bagger on back of it?

I got the mulching kit with it. I never bag.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

Consider the Neuton:
http://www.drpower.com/CSTM_Neuton_Home.aspx

The battery is removable. Once the battery is out the mower is
very light. Would not be a problem to load up the mower and battery
separately.

What size unit above did you get?
Posted to misc.consumers.house
v v is offline

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:21:52 -0500, someone wrote:

Do you think I could use an inverter and jump start
battery power pack to power this mower off grid to do
this?

From your follow-on posts, you sure do sound picky?

How many minutes of mowing do you actually need to do the work you
want to do? You'd need to lug a big battery out to the cemetary if it
was very many.

How close can you get your vehicle to the work area? I know various
contractors who run inverters off their vehicles to run things like
circular saws short term. If you can't get close enought to run off
the vehicle, then you'd be lugging a heavy battery, and you don't seem
to like to have a heavy thing to carry....