Posted to misc.consumers.house
v v is offline

Default Run electric mower off inverter?

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:21:52 -0500, someone wrote:

Do you think I could use an inverter and jump start
battery power pack to power this mower off grid to do
this?

From your follow-on posts, you sure do sound picky?

How many minutes of mowing do you actually need to do the work you
want to do? You'd need to lug a big battery out to the cemetary if it
was very many.

How close can you get your vehicle to the work area? I know various
contractors who run inverters off their vehicles to run things like
circular saws short term. If you can't get close enought to run off
the vehicle, then you'd be lugging a heavy battery, and you don't seem
to like to have a heavy thing to carry....