Posted to misc.consumers.house
Kyler Laird

Default Run electric mower off inverter?

writes:

Do you think I could use an inverter and jump start
battery power pack to power this mower off grid to do
this?

I'm not familiar with the mower you showed but the AC-powered mower I
have has a DC motor. (I'm all too familiar with this because the
rectifier blows frequently.) If you had enough batteries in series you
wouldn't need an inverter for such a mower.

We have a battery-powered mower too. (It's the only one we use these
days.) I'd be tempted to go the other direction and get a used
battery-powered mower with dead batteries (like I did) and then use an
AC to DC converter (transformer + rectifier) to power it from the mains.
Then it would be simple to power it from a battery (even through a
cable).

--kyler