Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
gary

Default jacuzzi purchasing help

Looking for a jetted tub and have been given conflicting information by
sales persons. The water jetted tubs I am told hold bacteria the breed in
the tubes and I have been told that the air jetted ones are better. I have
also been told that you are supposed to put some bleach and water in the
tubs every month and run them for a bit and that cleans out the tubes.

I have also been told that the air jetted tubs collect bacteria that can not
be cleaned out. I have also been told that the airjetted stay naturally
clean.

Please help me with my decision.

Thx
Gary

Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
PipeDown

"gary" wrote in message
Looking for a jetted tub and have been given conflicting information by
sales persons. The water jetted tubs I am told hold bacteria the breed in
the tubes and I have been told that the air jetted ones are better. I
have also been told that you are supposed to put some bleach and water in
the tubs every month and run them for a bit and that cleans out the tubes.

I have also been told that the air jetted tubs collect bacteria that can
not be cleaned out. I have also been told that the airjetted stay
naturally clean.

Please help me with my decision.

Thx
Gary

Base your descision on how much you like the feel of jets of water vs.
little bubbles rather than how hard it is to clean. Its a distinctly
different experience. Air jetted tubs are often more expensive and I
wouldn't put it past a salesperson to try to scare a customer into a pricier
tub by planting unfounded fears of generally harmless bacteria.

I suppose the rational is that since water does not enter the air tubes,
these kinds of bacteria will not survive. I'm not so sure the tubes are
forever dry when the air pump is not running.

As long as you don't use oil based products you can generally clean the tub
and pipes with dishwasher detergent and a little bleach now and then
shouldn't hurt anything and is no big deal to do.

Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house

PipeDown wrote:
As long as you don't use oil based products you can generally clean the tub
and pipes with dishwasher detergent and a little bleach now and then
shouldn't hurt anything and is no big deal to do.

I read once that the real fanatics take a shower first and don't wear
suits in their jacuzzi. Keeps things real clean (and makes dinner
parties MUCH more interesting).

Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
PipeDown

I think he thought you want an outdoor hottub but I understood you are
looking for a bathroom upgrade.

However, if you do shower first and use the tub primarily for soaking in
clear water, it will remain cleaner. Most of what becomes the soap scum
ring on a tub is what floats on top of the water.

"gary" wrote in message
Some people wear suits in their jacuzzis?

wrote in message
ups.com...

PipeDown wrote:
As long as you don't use oil based products you can generally clean the
tub
and pipes with dishwasher detergent and a little bleach now and then
shouldn't hurt anything and is no big deal to do.

I read once that the real fanatics take a shower first and don't wear
suits in their jacuzzi. Keeps things real clean (and makes dinner
parties MUCH more interesting).

Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
Dennis

Looking for a jetted tub and have been given conflicting information by
sales persons. The water jetted tubs I am told hold bacteria the breed in
the tubes and I have been told that the air jetted ones are better. I
have also been told that you are supposed to put some bleach and water in
the tubs every month and run them for a bit and that cleans out the tubes.

NBC did a story on this a few years ago. Their research showed 100% had some
kind of microbial growth. One recommendation is to select tubs manufactured
with rigid piping (instead of flex) and use dishwashing soap or bleach to
kill of the growth. I don't own one, but if I did, I would use bleach about
3-4 times a year just to be safe.

The story is located he
http://www.nbc4.com/productsandservi...93/detail.html

Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
David

Gary,

you must check this
http://www.sanijet.info/

Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
gary

Thx I'll see what those cost around here. If I can get them.

"David" wrote in message
Gary,

you must check this
http://www.sanijet.info/

Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
RicodJour

gary wrote:
Looking for a jetted tub and have been given conflicting information by
sales persons. The water jetted tubs I am told hold bacteria the breed in
the tubes and I have been told that the air jetted ones are better. I have
also been told that you are supposed to put some bleach and water in the
tubs every month and run them for a bit and that cleans out the tubes.

I have also been told that the air jetted tubs collect bacteria that can not
be cleaned out. I have also been told that the airjetted stay naturally
clean.

Please help me with my decision.

I like the Bain Ultra air-jetted tubs. They have a good price point,
don't have water sitting in the pipes so you don't have to use
chemicals and shock treatments, use an automatic air-jet cycle to blow
whatever little water ends up in the pipes after the person exits the
tub, have excellent customer service, and a long warranty. There are
also other major advantages:
http://doityourself.com/baths/whirlpool.htm

Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
David

I think they are only shipping direct. I have received an email from
them today that they have -$150-300 end year special