orangetrader

Default Can a jacuzzi be added to an existing pool?

Is it possible to add a jacuzzi to an existing outdoor in ground pool? By
that I mean the jacuzzi will take up some room of the pool instead of an
extension of it. Also what is involved in turning a normal pool into a
heated pool?

Thanks,

SQLit

"orangetrader" wrote in message
Is it possible to add a jacuzzi to an existing outdoor in ground pool? By
that I mean the jacuzzi will take up some room of the pool instead of an
extension of it. Also what is involved in turning a normal pool into a
heated pool?

Thanks,

Sure it can be done. It will certainly cost a bundle depending on your
design.

Lets see drain the pool, break the concrete shell, dig, plumb, gunite,
plaster spa, replaster pool.

Change the plumbing at the pump, then add in the heater.
Most people use 2 heaters one for the spa quick recovery and one for the
pool.
Sure hope you have natural gas.

My brother heated his 25k gallon pool for a Christmas party, ONCE. The spa
ran of course during the party as well. He when through 450 gallons of
propane in 3 days. Pool was barely 75 degrees, outside temps in Phoenix were
in the high 40's at night. Pool was uncovered. Propane was about a buck back
then.

Do you need a son? I could use a rich father.