Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
gary

Default jacuzzi purchasing help

thx

"Dennis" wrote in message
news:bprjf.5414$3x2.2732@trnddc07...
Looking for a jetted tub and have been given conflicting information by
sales persons. The water jetted tubs I am told hold bacteria the breed
in the tubes and I have been told that the air jetted ones are better. I
have also been told that you are supposed to put some bleach and water in
the tubs every month and run them for a bit and that cleans out the
tubes.

NBC did a story on this a few years ago. Their research showed 100% had
some kind of microbial growth. One recommendation is to select tubs
manufactured with rigid piping (instead of flex) and use dishwashing soap
or bleach to kill of the growth. I don't own one, but if I did, I would
use bleach about 3-4 times a year just to be safe.

The story is located he
http://www.nbc4.com/productsandservi...93/detail.html