M.Burns

Default Jacuzzi plumbing question

We have a jacuzzi that was installed in the late 80's. There is some kind
of little L-shaped chrome standpipe thingy that on the wall next to it (its
either a backflow restrictor, so that tub water is not sucked back into the
water supply. Or it's an air supply to the jets. Not sure which????).
This has apparently gotten crudded up a little because we have well water,
and now if the tub faucet is not completely shut, the chrome pipe thing
starts dripping. My question is, when the jacuzzi tub faucets are
completely shut off, is that chrome piping on the wall under pressure, or
not, ....such that I can dissassemble, clean, or rebuilt it.
(I know I can shut off the water supply to the tub, or power off the well,
etc, ...but why if I don't have to. And I've been curiious about the
pressure question in that chrome piping under "faucet off" conditions
anyway).
Thanks

Pop

Not too many people are going to be keen on helping someone who
won't turn off the water to make an inspection; that's just
asking for trouble.

"M.Burns" wrote in message
[...]
:
:

M.Burns

Gee, I guess I'd forgotten how UN-helpful these newsgroups are. Guess
that's why I stopped using them for the most part.

wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:07:23 -0400, "M.Burns" wrote:

[...]

if you can afford a jacuzzi you are wealthy and that means you can
afford a plumber. use your yellow pages.

Amun

wrote in message
[...]

Perhaps the poster was a habitat for humanity owner that just got lucky and
got a free Jacuzzi ?
Maybe a call to Jimmy Carter will get the job done.

AMUN

Plumbing question No Home Repair 1 February 7th 05 02:06 AM
One more plumbing question and I promise that's it. Pecanfan UK diy 19 February 4th 05 05:04 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
plumbing question chris gallagher UK diy 2 October 28th 03 05:34 PM
framing / plumbing question eric Home Repair 2 August 23rd 03 02:29 AM