Amun

wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:07:23 -0400, "M.Burns" wrote:

We have a jacuzzi that was installed in the late 80's. There is some

kind
of little L-shaped chrome standpipe thingy that on the wall next to it

(its
either a backflow restrictor, so that tub water is not sucked back into

the
water supply. Or it's an air supply to the jets. Not sure which????).
This has apparently gotten crudded up a little because we have well

water,
and now if the tub faucet is not completely shut, the chrome pipe thing
starts dripping. My question is, when the jacuzzi tub faucets are
completely shut off, is that chrome piping on the wall under pressure, or
not, ....such that I can dissassemble, clean, or rebuilt it.
(I know I can shut off the water supply to the tub, or power off the

well,
etc, ...but why if I don't have to. And I've been curiious about the
pressure question in that chrome piping under "faucet off" conditions
anyway).
Thanks

if you can afford a jacuzzi you are wealthy and that means you can
afford a plumber. use your yellow pages.

Perhaps the poster was a habitat for humanity owner that just got lucky and
got a free Jacuzzi ?
Maybe a call to Jimmy Carter will get the job done.

AMUN