Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
RicodJour

Default jacuzzi purchasing help

gary wrote:
Looking for a jetted tub and have been given conflicting information by
sales persons. The water jetted tubs I am told hold bacteria the breed in
the tubes and I have been told that the air jetted ones are better. I have
also been told that you are supposed to put some bleach and water in the
tubs every month and run them for a bit and that cleans out the tubes.

I have also been told that the air jetted tubs collect bacteria that can not
be cleaned out. I have also been told that the airjetted stay naturally
clean.

Please help me with my decision.

I like the Bain Ultra air-jetted tubs. They have a good price point,
don't have water sitting in the pipes so you don't have to use
chemicals and shock treatments, use an automatic air-jet cycle to blow
whatever little water ends up in the pipes after the person exits the
tub, have excellent customer service, and a long warranty. There are
also other major advantages:
http://doityourself.com/baths/whirlpool.htm