Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Dennis Healey

Default A weird question about tooth brushes

I have never seen this discussed her before but I know someone
must be affected by this (like me). About two years ago all the
newer type tooth brushes I have bought have a (fat) wider
handle on them and they won't fit in the older type tooth brush
holders that I have been using. I just moved a month ago to another
house .... and they won't fit here either!

Does anyone else experience this problem? I have been keeping
my tooth brush inside the medicine cabinet. I wish they
wouldn't make the new ones so damned wide.

Any input appreciated. Hope this is on topic.

-Dennis
The Real Bev

Dennis Healey wrote:

I have never seen this discussed her before but I know someone
must be affected by this (like me). About two years ago all the
newer type tooth brushes I have bought have a (fat) wider
handle on them and they won't fit in the older type tooth brush
holders that I have been using. I just moved a month ago to another
house .... and they won't fit here either!

Does anyone else experience this problem? I have been keeping
my tooth brush inside the medicine cabinet. I wish they
wouldn't make the new ones so damned wide.

Any input appreciated. Hope this is on topic.

Testify, brother! I have a 50-year-old chrome thingy fastened to the wall
that holds a glass and four normal-size toothbrushes. Latest brush has a fat
curved handle, only part of which fits into the little hole. I'll be damned
if I buy new hardware because some idiot thinks we need ergonomic
toothbrushes.

--
Cheers, Bev
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
D. Gerasimatos

In article ,
Andrew White wrote:

You asked for any input: why not try an electric toothbrush? They are
WAY WAY better for your teeth and gums! I've switched to Oral-B Plaque
Remover about six years ago and never looked back...

Is this Jack White?!

Dimitri

Cindy Hamilton

Dennis Healey wrote:
I have never seen this discussed her before but I know someone
must be affected by this (like me). About two years ago all the
newer type tooth brushes I have bought have a (fat) wider
handle on them and they won't fit in the older type tooth brush
holders that I have been using. I just moved a month ago to another
house .... and they won't fit here either!

Does anyone else experience this problem? I have been keeping
my tooth brush inside the medicine cabinet. I wish they
wouldn't make the new ones so damned wide.

Any input appreciated. Hope this is on topic.

-Dennis

Yeah, I have that problem. I've been buying the Crest Complete Youth
toothbrush, which fits (barely) my holder. (It also suits my
preference
for a small head on the toothbrush.)

There's a Reach toothbrush, which my husband uses, that fits, too, but
can't remember what model it is. It's narrow at the bottom and wider
near the top (then narrow again further up). It goes in the holder
and stops when the handle gets wide, but fits pretty well.

Cindy Hamilton

Forget about the old tooth brush holder. Get a Philips Sonicare 7800
electric one and you won't ever use the old brush or holder again. I
was amazed at how much cleaner it gets my teeth. Not as clean feeling
as after a dentist visit, but they feel way cleaner than I ever got
them with a regular brush!

Percival P. Cassidy

Many years ago I asked about Sonicare toothbrushes when they were on
sale at Target. The salesperson told me he had a Sonicare himself but
thought they were overpriced. I bought an Oral-B electric.

Perce

On 05/13/05 03:05 pm tossed the following
ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

On Thu, 12 May 2005 19:01:01 -0400, someone wrote:

You asked for any input: why not try an electric toothbrush?

They won't fit in the holder either.

Jon von Leipzig

Dennis Healey wrote:

I have never seen this discussed her before but I know someone
must be affected by this (like me). About two years ago all the
newer type tooth brushes I have bought have a (fat) wider
handle on them and they won't fit in the older type tooth brush
holders that I have been using. I just moved a month ago to another
house .... and they won't fit here either!

Does anyone else experience this problem? I have been keeping
my tooth brush inside the medicine cabinet. I wish they
wouldn't make the new ones so damned wide.

Any input appreciated. Hope this is on topic.

Afraid you might have more serious problems, considering you put up with
this for two years.
So, why is this a problem now, when it wasn't for over 700 previous
days.....??

Maybe it's the fluoride dulling your brain. (Hitler & Stalin were big
fans of fluoride, made their detainees docile)

If all the brushes are larger, seems to me you'd think of enlarging the
holes. Or, file/grind down the handles till they fit.

Or, just stop brushing.
Or, have all your teeth pulled.

hth

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
Router Brushes Question buck Woodworking 2 December 30th 04 03:49 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM