Yep and I bought a new toothbrush holder because of that reason.

On 13 May 2005 10:09:43 -0700, in misc.consumers.house "Cindy Hamilton"
wrote:

Dennis Healey wrote:
I have never seen this discussed her before but I know someone
must be affected by this (like me). About two years ago all the
newer type tooth brushes I have bought have a (fat) wider
handle on them and they won't fit in the older type tooth brush
holders that I have been using. I just moved a month ago to another
house .... and they won't fit here either!

Does anyone else experience this problem? I have been keeping
my tooth brush inside the medicine cabinet. I wish they
wouldn't make the new ones so damned wide.

Any input appreciated. Hope this is on topic.

-Dennis

Yeah, I have that problem. I've been buying the Crest Complete Youth
toothbrush, which fits (barely) my holder. (It also suits my
preference
for a small head on the toothbrush.)

There's a Reach toothbrush, which my husband uses, that fits, too, but
can't remember what model it is. It's narrow at the bottom and wider
near the top (then narrow again further up). It goes in the holder
and stops when the handle gets wide, but fits pretty well.

Cindy Hamilton