Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default 12 volt D cell battery pack with female cigarette-plug

I'm looking for something that should be really simple.

I want a 12 volt DC power supply that runs off D cells or C cells and
connects using a female cigarette plug (automobile-style.) For the
application, the output voltage doesn't need to be terribly stable.

Doesn't somebody out there make such a thing? I keep searching the web
for it but I can't come up with it.

Posted to alt.electronics

I'd rather use batteries that I don't have recharge, and that are
readily available just about anywhere in the world. C cells or D cells
would give longer life than AA's.

On Apr 22, 6:44 am, Pete wrote:
wrote:
I want a 12 volt DC power supply that runs off D cells or C cells and
connects using a female cigarette plug (automobile-style.)

Does it really need to be D cells or C cells? Why not a gell cell?
Have you looked at car "battery booster" units?

Peter

Posted to alt.electronics

On Apr 22, 6:44 am, Pete wrote:

wrote:

I want a 12 volt DC power supply that runs off D cells or C cells and
connects using a female cigarette plug (automobile-style.)

Does it really need to be D cells or C cells? Why not a gell cell?
Have you looked at car "battery booster" units?

Only pure personal disinclination to spend my time that way. Soldering
and suchlike drives me screaming up the wall. That's why I'm looking
for a ready-made unit.

Peter

Why not just go to Radio Shack, buy 2 4-cell battery holders (or 4
2-cell ones), wire them together to get 12 volts, mount them in a box or
case.
Radio Shack probably has the cigarette plug too.
Maybe Im missing something here, but this seems like an extremly simple
project?
If you dont have access to radio shack, check out this website:http://www.allelectronics.com
I havent looked yet, but Im sure they will have the parts you need.- Hide quoted text -

18 volt battery in 12 volt drill? [email protected] Home Repair 39 November 28th 20 10:30 PM
repairing a switch mode plug pack Peter Electronics Repair 26 May 23rd 06 02:14 AM
Battery pack and charger. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 12 January 28th 06 11:41 PM
Sears Battery Pack PeteXX Home Repair 19 February 3rd 05 12:17 AM
Run a 9.6 volt Makita drill off 12 volt car battery - voltatage dropping resistor ? [email protected] Electronics Repair 10 January 3rd 05 04:13 AM