DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   12 volt D cell battery pack with female cigarette-plug (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/198540-12-volt-d-cell-battery-pack-female-cigarette-plug.html)

[email protected] April 21st 07 03:32 PM

12 volt D cell battery pack with female cigarette-plug

I'm looking for something that should be really simple.

I want a 12 volt DC power supply that runs off D cells or C cells and
connects using a female cigarette plug (automobile-style.) For the
application, the output voltage doesn't need to be terribly stable.

Doesn't somebody out there make such a thing? I keep searching the web
for it but I can't come up with it.

Pete April 22nd 07 11:44 AM

wrote:

I want a 12 volt DC power supply that runs off D cells or C cells and
connects using a female cigarette plug (automobile-style.)

Does it really need to be D cells or C cells? Why not a gell cell?
Have you looked at car "battery booster" units?

Peter

Al April 22nd 07 01:09 PM

12 volt D cell battery pack with female cigarette-plug

In article ,
Pete wrote:

wrote:

I want a 12 volt DC power supply that runs off D cells or C cells and
connects using a female cigarette plug (automobile-style.)

Does it really need to be D cells or C cells? Why not a gell cell?
Have you looked at car "battery booster" units?

Peter

If you're in the woods, you just replace the cells with your spares. At
least that would be my reason for using C or D cells.

Al

[email protected] April 22nd 07 05:51 PM

12 volt D cell battery pack with female cigarette-plug

I'd rather use batteries that I don't have recharge, and that are
readily available just about anywhere in the world. C cells or D cells
would give longer life than AA's.

Skenny April 23rd 07 05:28 AM

On Apr 22, 6:44 am, Pete wrote:

wrote:

I want a 12 volt DC power supply that runs off D cells or C cells and
connects using a female cigarette plug (automobile-style.)

Does it really need to be D cells or C cells? Why not a gell cell?
Have you looked at car "battery booster" units?

Peter

Why not just go to Radio Shack, buy 2 4-cell battery holders (or 4
2-cell ones), wire them together to get 12 volts, mount them in a box or
case.
Radio Shack probably has the cigarette plug too.
Maybe Im missing something here, but this seems like an extremly simple
project?
If you dont have access to radio shack, check out this website:
http://www.allelectronics.com
I havent looked yet, but Im sure they will have the parts you need.

[email protected] April 23rd 07 03:47 PM

On Apr 22, 6:44 am, Pete wrote:

wrote:

I want a 12 volt DC power supply that runs off D cells or C cells and
connects using a female cigarette plug (automobile-style.)

Does it really need to be D cells or C cells? Why not a gell cell?
Have you looked at car "battery booster" units?

Only pure personal disinclination to spend my time that way. Soldering
and suchlike drives me screaming up the wall. That's why I'm looking
for a ready-made unit.

Peter

Why not just go to Radio Shack, buy 2 4-cell battery holders (or 4
2-cell ones), wire them together to get 12 volts, mount them in a box or
case.
Radio Shack probably has the cigarette plug too.
Maybe Im missing something here, but this seems like an extremly simple
project?
If you dont have access to radio shack, check out this website:http://www.allelectronics.com
I havent looked yet, but Im sure they will have the parts you need.- Hide quoted text -

Skenny April 23rd 07 04:29 PM

wrote:

Only pure personal disinclination to spend my time that way. Soldering
and suchlike drives me screaming up the wall. That's why I'm looking
for a ready-made unit.

Peter

I cant find anything ready made, unless you go with re-chargeable sealed
lead acid battery. Good luck my friend..
Sure you cant find a friend willing to solder the parts together for
you? I mean the battery holders will probably fit inside one of those
plastic sandwich boxes, making it somewhat water tight.