Posted to alt.electronics
Skenny Skenny is offline

Default 12 volt D cell battery pack with female cigarette-plug

wrote:
I'd rather use batteries that I don't have recharge, and that are
readily available just about anywhere in the world. C cells or D cells
would give longer life than AA's.

On Apr 22, 6:44 am, Pete wrote:

wrote:

I want a 12 volt DC power supply that runs off D cells or C cells and
connects using a female cigarette plug (automobile-style.)

Does it really need to be D cells or C cells? Why not a gell cell?
Have you looked at car "battery booster" units?

Peter

Why not just go to Radio Shack, buy 2 4-cell battery holders (or 4
2-cell ones), wire them together to get 12 volts, mount them in a box or
case.
Radio Shack probably has the cigarette plug too.
Maybe Im missing something here, but this seems like an extremly simple
project?
If you dont have access to radio shack, check out this website:
http://www.allelectronics.com
I havent looked yet, but Im sure they will have the parts you need.