Mad Ad

Default 2 Pin Mains Plug Search (UK)

I have picked up a marantz pm310 off ebay, sold as untested since no mains
lead existed.

I wanted it for parts to repair my own 310 but when it arrived I plugged it
in where my old one was and blow me down it works perfectly.

That means all I need its the 2 pin mains lead to get the other one working
again. I hoped it was just a case of plugging the p/n in but I get nothing
back at all. The sockets got the BS kitemark number, plus what looks like
its own part number,

SOT-I7

but nothing comes up when I look for it. The one lead I have has

P-289 on it.

Both have their ratings of 6A 250V stamped. There's nothing obvious in
maplin or RS but if there an equivalent, I don't know it.

I have photos of it he

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adspace/pics/mplug1.jpg
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adspace/pics/mplug2.jpg

Thanks for any help

Ad

NSM

"Mad Ad" wrote in message
I have picked up a marantz pm310 off ebay, sold as untested since no mains
lead existed.

Looks a bit like a US small appliance connector.

why don't you just open up the unit, remove the 2 pin connector, and
take a 3 pin IEC socket from an old PC power supply, and screw that in
instead? I had to do this once with an old slide projector.
Only difference is you dont use the earth pin

regards, Ben

Mad Ad

wrote in message
ups.com...
why don't you just open up the unit, remove the 2 pin connector, and
take a 3 pin IEC socket from an old PC power supply, and screw that in
instead? I had to do this once with an old slide projector.
Only difference is you dont use the earth pin

regards, Ben

Ben: yes thanks I had thought of a power type socket conversion, but its a
damn good quality unit and id have to dremmel it a bit to fit and its a bit
close to the board- finding a lead is my first (and easiest) option I want
to try.

NSM: Really? lol, that's surprising. I have no idea about anything like
that, I thought the pins were a bit bigger than those. Here's a picture of
the plug end with tape measures for perspective.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adspace/pics/mdims.jpg

Seems to be 3/4 Inch by 1/2 Inch external with the pin apertures approx.
7/32" by 3/32" (or 5mm x 2.2mm). Is that anywhere close?

Thanks a lot for the help

Regards

Ad

NSM

"Mad Ad" wrote in message

NSM: Really? lol, that's surprising. I have no idea about anything like
that, I thought the pins were a bit bigger than those. Here's a picture

of
the plug end with tape measures for perspective.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adspace/pics/mdims.jpg

Seems to be 3/4 Inch by 1/2 Inch external with the pin apertures approx.
7/32" by 3/32" (or 5mm x 2.2mm). Is that anywhere close?

I have waffle makers and similar things with a plug somewhat like that, but
the Yanks are always coming up with odd connectors. Fortunately they're
changing over to the 6 amp connector (DIN style) now.