Mad Ad

wrote in message
ups.com...
why don't you just open up the unit, remove the 2 pin connector, and
take a 3 pin IEC socket from an old PC power supply, and screw that in
instead? I had to do this once with an old slide projector.
Only difference is you dont use the earth pin

regards, Ben

Ben: yes thanks I had thought of a power type socket conversion, but its a
damn good quality unit and id have to dremmel it a bit to fit and its a bit
close to the board- finding a lead is my first (and easiest) option I want
to try.

NSM: Really? lol, that's surprising. I have no idea about anything like
that, I thought the pins were a bit bigger than those. Here's a picture of
the plug end with tape measures for perspective.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adspace/pics/mdims.jpg

Seems to be 3/4 Inch by 1/2 Inch external with the pin apertures approx.
7/32" by 3/32" (or 5mm x 2.2mm). Is that anywhere close?

Thanks a lot for the help

Regards

Ad