Ben

Default mains plug with thermostatic switch

Does anyone know where I can get a mains plug that will switch on and
off according to temperature. Argos did one a while ago but it doesn't
seem to be there any more.
Sam

"Ben" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get a mains plug that will switch on and off
according to temperature. Argos did one a while ago but it doesn't seem to
be there any more.

Here ya go http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...Index/Therm_1/

Seems to be the modern version of the Smiths one I bought years ago from
Argos.

Sam

Set Square

Sam wrote:

"Ben" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get a mains plug that will switch on
and off according to temperature. Argos did one a while ago but it
doesn't seem to be there any more.

Here ya go
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...Index/Therm_1/

Seems to be the modern version of the Smiths one I bought years ago
from Argos.

Sam

Looks as if it should do the job. I have one made by Morphy Richards which
is both a timer and a temperature controller - with a sliding switch to
select either or both functions - but I don't think they still make them.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Ben

Sam wrote:
"Ben" wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can get a mains plug that will switch on and off
according to temperature. Argos did one a while ago but it doesn't seem to
be there any more.

Here ya go http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...Index/Therm_1/

Seems to be the modern version of the Smiths one I bought years ago from
Argos.

Sam

Yeah, it looks identical to the one Argos sold under the Winterwarm
brand. Thanks!
Pete C

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:50:25 +0100, Ben wrote:

Here ya go http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...Index/Therm_1/

Seems to be the modern version of the Smiths one I bought years ago from
Argos.

Sam

Yeah, it looks identical to the one Argos sold under the Winterwarm
brand. Thanks!

Hi,

Wilko may have these for £15, Ryness or Robert Dyas could be another
place to get them.

They're very sensitive, if they switch on and off too much try
covering the holes at the bottom of the unit with tape.

Some more info he

http://www.timeguard.com/details.php?product=12

cheers,
Pete.