what

Default I'm leaving this newsgroup :-(

The posts from folks who get their feelings hurt over newsgroup comments are
always hilarious. Simply ignore what you don't want to read. It's not hard
to do. Start living in the real world. Leaving this group is your own fault.

"Tony" wrote in message

Good bye.

Tony.

Kim Sleep

Well, thank God he told us...otherwise we would have never noticed.

--
Kim..."A Man Of True Frankenstinean Proportions"
"what" wrote in message
The posts from folks who get their feelings hurt over newsgroup comments
are always hilarious. Simply ignore what you don't want to read. It's not
hard to do. Start living in the real world. Leaving this group is your own
fault.

"Tony" wrote in message

Good bye.

Tony.

Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:34:41 +0000, Tony put finger
to keyboard and composed:

I really don't like the direction this group has taken over the past
few months. People here have become far too criticising to new
posters.

I'm also tired of the bad spelling and grammar - some posters are
bordering on illiterate.

You've missed the point. The illiteracy is *intentional*. It's a kool
new fad, just like ripped jeans were twenty years ago. A person who
doesn't have the time to reach for a shift key or to punctuate a
sentence is the jet setting cognoscente of today. He/she cannot spare
the milliseconds needed to add legibility to a
stream-of-consciousness-like outpouring of the mind. Their time is too
precious. That wasted second could mean the difference between
catching their next international flight, or being on time for their
next board meeting or some other event on their hectic social
calendar.

Good bye.

Tony.

Brian: Look. You've got it all wrong. You don't need to follow me. You
don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves.
You're all individuals!

Crowd (together): Yes, we're all individuals!

Brian: You're all different!

Crowd (together): Yes, we are all different!

Individual: I'm not.

- from Monty Python's "Life Of Brian".

- Franc Zabkar
Dan

Franc-My wife's 30-something boss is like that. NEVER a cap in her
emails. I told her the same thing about the woman; it's a "my time is
too important to waste on common courtesy" affectation.

Dan

Franc Zabkar wrote:

You've missed the point. The illiteracy is *intentional*. It's a kool
new fad, just like ripped jeans were twenty years ago. A person who
doesn't have the time to reach for a shift key or to punctuate a
sentence is the jet setting cognoscente of today. He/she cannot spare
the milliseconds needed to add legibility to a
stream-of-consciousness-like outpouring of the mind. Their time is too
precious. That wasted second could mean the difference between
catching their next international flight, or being on time for their
next board meeting or some other event on their hectic social
calendar.

Good bye.

Tony.

Franc Zabkar

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:19:20 -0500, Dan put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Franc-My wife's 30-something boss is like that. NEVER a cap in her
emails.

Franc's Koolness Guide
----------------------
I've noticed that there are varying levels of "koolness". The first
level involves dropping *all* capitalisation. The downside of this
approach is that it appears contrived. Quite simply, if you have to
work at being kool, then you are not kool. More convincing is the
removal of capitals only from within the bodies of sentences. For
example, one could convert all occurrences of "I" to "i". However,
even this approach lacks the spontaneity to be considered really kool.
Much better is to alter every other instance of "I", or to capitalise
every other sentence, or to sneak in the occasional typo, so as to
make it appear that a flying, time constrained finger *accidentally*
slipped off the shift key.

I told her the same thing about the woman; it's a "my time is
too important to waste on common courtesy" affectation.

Pretentiousness is the character flaw I despise the most, probably
because I see it as the precursor to more serious failings. I try to
ignore these people, but sometimes I'm compelled to retaliate.

Dan

Franc Zabkar wrote:

You've missed the point. The illiteracy is *intentional*. It's a kool
new fad, just like ripped jeans were twenty years ago. A person who
doesn't have the time to reach for a shift key or to punctuate a
sentence is the jet setting cognoscente of today. He/she cannot spare
the milliseconds needed to add legibility to a
stream-of-consciousness-like outpouring of the mind. Their time is too
precious. That wasted second could mean the difference between
catching their next international flight, or being on time for their
next board meeting or some other event on their hectic social
calendar.

Good bye.

Tony.

- Franc Zabkar

J. Doe

Franc Zabkar wrote:
snip all very pertinent stuff.....

This is very good to hear!
I thought I may be having a "too old to understand" moment when I see this
crap......

Asimov

"Franc Zabkar" bravely wrote to "All" (12 Feb 05 11:42:10)
--- on the heady topic of " I'm leaving this newsgroup :-("

FZ From: Franc Zabkar
FZ Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:10274

FZ Pretentiousness is the character flaw I despise the most, probably
FZ because I see it as the precursor to more serious failings. I try to
FZ ignore these people, but sometimes I'm compelled to retaliate.

Well, the only people I've ever personally witnessed using all caps
were either too rich to need to know how to write or someone who
couldn't afford the Apple II upper case 80 column upgrade. Now I'm
travelling back memory lane.

BTW "upper case" used to mean small letters. It was a confusing time!

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... New computer? But I like my vacuum tubes... They keep me warm.

Alan S

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:42:10 +1100, Franc Zabkar
wrote:

|Pretentiousness is the character flaw I despise the most,

pretentious??? moi????

cheers, alan

Sam Goldwasser

"Asimov" writes:

"Franc Zabkar" bravely wrote to "All" (12 Feb 05 11:42:10)
--- on the heady topic of " I'm leaving this newsgroup :-("

FZ From: Franc Zabkar
FZ Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:10274

FZ Pretentiousness is the character flaw I despise the most, probably
FZ because I see it as the precursor to more serious failings. I try to
FZ ignore these people, but sometimes I'm compelled to retaliate.

Well, the only people I've ever personally witnessed using all caps
were either too rich to need to know how to write or someone who
couldn't afford the Apple II upper case 80 column upgrade. Now I'm
travelling back memory lane.

BTW "upper case" used to mean small letters. It was a confusing time!

My Apple II+ has that jumper.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Bob Parker

Franc Zabkar wrote:
One of my absolutely favourite bits of humour because it's so true.
It's great to see that someone here's got a sense of the absurd.

Bob

Brian: Look. You've got it all wrong. You don't need to follow me. You
don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves.
You're all individuals!

Crowd (together): Yes, we're all individuals!

Brian: You're all different!

Crowd (together): Yes, we are all different!

Individual: I'm not.

- from Monty Python's "Life Of Brian".

- Franc Zabkar

Bob Parker

From Fawlty Towers! My faith in this newsgroup, with followers of
Monty Python and John Cleese etc popping up, has almost been restored.

Bob

pretentious??? moi????

cheers, alan

Kevin R

"Bob Parker" wrote in message
From Fawlty Towers! My faith in this newsgroup, with followers of
Monty Python and John Cleese etc popping up, has almost been restored.

Bob

pretentious??? moi????

cheers, alan

what did you expect herds of wildebeests strolling majestically across the
plain??

Alan S

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 01:27:13 +1100, Bob Parker
wrote:

| From Fawlty Towers! My faith in this newsgroup, with followers of
|Monty Python and John Cleese etc popping up, has almost been restored.
|

|Bob
|

|pretentious??? moi????
|
|cheers, alan

Well spotted.

I just watched on satellite one I hadn't seen in years - the film
collation version of "And now for something completely different" -
dead parrots, lumberjacks etc. I'd almost forgotten how wonderful some
of those sketches were.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
Franc Zabkar

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 01:27:13 +1100, Bob Parker
put finger to keyboard and composed:

From Fawlty Towers! My faith in this newsgroup, with followers of
Monty Python and John Cleese etc popping up, has almost been restored.

Bob

I just about have the complete set of both. Now for Ripping Yarns ...

pretentious??? moi????

cheers, alan

- Franc Zabkar
Bob Parker

He's a lumberjack and he's OK!
I think it's about time I watched some more of that stuff. One needs
regular doses of it when dealing with electronics (which I still do)
and especially doing repairs (which I gave up on).

Cheers,
Bob

Alan S wrote:

Well spotted.

I just watched on satellite one I hadn't seen in years - the film
collation version of "And now for something completely different" -
dead parrots, lumberjacks etc. I'd almost forgotten how wonderful some
of those sketches were.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

Bob Parker

Akkkkk! You didn't put a real e-mail address on this newsgroup did
you? It's because I did, that one of my e-mail addresses has been
destroyed by spam.

But apart from that, "BANG! HOWDY PARTENER!!"

(*GHF* ) wrote:

Birdie Num Num!!!!

John Robertson

Guard your coconuts!

Oh, hell I've posted an off-topic item I'd better delete it...but my
Norwegian Blue won't let me...

John :-#(#

Franc Zabkar wrote:

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 01:27:13 +1100, Bob Parker
put finger to keyboard and composed:

From Fawlty Towers! My faith in this newsgroup, with followers of
Monty Python and John Cleese etc popping up, has almost been restored.

Bob

I just about have the complete set of both. Now for Ripping Yarns ...

pretentious??? moi????

cheers, alan

- Franc Zabkar

(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
www.flippers.com

Bob Parker

John Robertson wrote:

Guard your coconuts!

Oh, hell I've posted an off-topic item I'd better delete it...but my
Norwegian Blue won't let me...

John :-#(#

The coconut's tropical- this is a temperate zone. Are you suggesting
that coconuts migrate?

Beautiful plumage on the Norwegian Blue, innit?

Bob