Jim Mc Namara

Default washing machine leaving oily spots on clothes

I had the same problem with a step-son leaving something in his pockets.
The only thing I could do to get rid of it was to remove the agitator -
cleaned it with Dawn dishwashing detergent both on the outside and
underneath. Underneath is where the residue will hide and continue to come
back Dawn will remove oil and grease from anything! I also added 1/2
teaspoon to an already filled tub of hot water. DO NOT LET IT AGITATE! You
will never remove all the suds! Trust me - you don't want to know! :-)
Use something to occassionally stir the water (a broom handle, large serving
spoon, etc.) and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Forward to your spin
cycle and allow the mixture to pump out. Once it has completely drained,
run it through a complete wash cycle using hot water. Keep an eye on it in
case some of the detergent stayed behind and begins to suds up on you. If
so - repeat the steps I've described above until it is all out of the
machine. This has worked for me twice - and is just something you have to
"babysit" until it is completed.

Best of luck,

Jim Mc Namara

"Kathy Ober" wrote in message
Help! My washing machine is leaving oily spots(looks like vegetable oil)

on
my clothes. It is very random, sometimes leaving spots on almost all the
load, and sometimes leaving only a few spots on one item. I've had the
repairman look at the washer, and so far he's replaced the transmission

and
the agitator......but no luck. I've switched detergents several times,

and
stopped using dryer sheets(thought that was the problem at first) and

tried
fabric softener. I've even taken the washing machine apart and cleaned it
out, but nothing is helping. The only thing I can think of now is to get a
new washer. Can anyone suggest anything?

Patscga

I had that same problem several years ago and it turned out that the motor was
leaking oil. My husband installed a new one and it worked fine but if you need
to pay someone to do it, I would suggest buying a new machine.
Pat
jeff

"Kathy Ober" wrote in message news:ZQn3b.286010$uu5.63208@sccrnsc04...
Help! My washing machine is leaving oily spots(looks like vegetable oil) on
my clothes. It is very random, sometimes leaving spots on almost all the
load, and sometimes leaving only a few spots on one item. I've had the
repairman look at the washer, and so far he's replaced the transmission and
the agitator......but no luck. I've switched detergents several times, and
stopped using dryer sheets(thought that was the problem at first) and tried
fabric softener. I've even taken the washing machine apart and cleaned it
out, but nothing is helping. The only thing I can think of now is to get a
new washer. Can anyone suggest anything?

Hi,

The transmision is the most common part for leaking oil on the
clothes, but since yours is new it might be best to look for outside
causes. Stain transfer from the laundry baskets, laundry room floor,
things the kids are getting into, things from work/school/etc.

Tide has a neat stain detective that -may- help to ID the stain...
http://www.clothesline.com/staindetective/

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/