Bill

Default Dropped Sanyo TV

I have a Sanyo DS19330 TV that recently fell and the area where the
Coax Tv cable is supposed to be connected it broken. The unit (tuner)
needs to be replaced but I am having absolutely no luck trying to find
the specific part. I have searched the web for hours (with a broadband
connection too!) and have found nothing. Does anyone know where I
might find a tuner specific to this Sanyo model TV. I have the info
from the sides of the unit's casing if that would be helpful.

Bill

AshTray700

is the tuner completely wasted? usually the only way i find those parts is
from a willing donor (make sure he has signed the back of his license!) if
a jerk to the cable was the only thing that damaged it, i would try
replacing the tip itslef and just resoldering, or you can just splice an
old coaxil patch cable and solder it directly to the tuner pcb

RonKZ650

Before you buy a tuner make sure nothing else was damaged, the screen should
still light up with snow. If not, there is additional damage and most likely
not repairable. Sanyo boards are very brittle and break real easy. Any Sanyo
parts distributer can get the tuner, but yours is probably easily repaired.
Diversified parts in Oregon is pretty decent 800-338-6342
MarkC

When TVs get dropped picture tubes can get internally damaged & then the
color will have a rainbow effect. If it has video & audio input then try
that first & use it as a monitor. Also look for cracks around the tuner
& flyback. The 19" TVs have come down in price to around $100 so it
might not be worth installing a new tuner. Try calling Sanyo to see
where you can get parts. Matt Electronics usually has low prices on
tuners.