Sam Goldwasser

ospam (RonKZ650) writes:

Before you buy a tuner make sure nothing else was damaged, the screen should
still light up with snow. If not, there is additional damage and most likely
not repairable. Sanyo boards are very brittle and break real easy. Any Sanyo
parts distributer can get the tuner, but yours is probably easily repaired.
Diversified parts in Oregon is pretty decent 800-338-6342

And if it has an on-screen display with solid color screen, make sure there
isn't serious color purity problems, indicative of a distorted shadowmask
inside the CRT. The snow may not show that.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.