Sylvain Gregoire

Default Sanyo cordless phone CLT-2430: Talk button problems

Hello,

Anyone has seen this problem before ?

We have a Sanyo cordless phone model CLT-2430 (2.4G).
Expensive gift from my wife, a couple of years ago
(over $300 cdn)

The problem is that the Talk/End button does not work,
or we need to press excessively hard to get it to work,
have been missing a few calls this way because the darn
thing won't answer (or we are unable to hang-up!).
Quite annoying indeed, especially for a phone of that
price range !

I opened the unit and cleaned the pads, but the problem
still exists. Just with that button, all the others are OK.

Is there supposed to be a black coating on the two tips
of the rubber button inside (touching the PC board contact
area when pressed?). I noticed that this button is ~ white
while most other buttons (that work well) have a black tip
inside...

Any suggestions (coating needed and what, ordering a
new button from Sanyo, or... ?)

Many Thanks,

Sylvain in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Jerry G.

The keypad membrane is warn. If you contact Sanyo, you can find out their
parts distributor for your area. He can order this part for you. There are
kits to re-coat these membrane contacts. The kit is more expensive than the
key pad membrane. I would suggest the kit for a remote or something that is
not replaceable.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm

"Sylvain Gregoire" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Probably just worn off. Some have reported success with rubbing the
end with a pencil to coat it with graphite. A small circle of tinfoil
and a dab of glue might work too.

WbSearch

Had the same "wear out" on one of my TV remote's. Used a small circle of self
stick foil and it fixed it straight away. I got the foil from an electronics
supply for a reel to reel recorder, for the reverse sensor.
WbSearch

Had the same "wear out" on one of my TV remote's. Used a small circle of self
stick foil and it fixed it straight away. I got the foil from an electronics
supply for a reel to reel recorder, for the reverse sensor.
Cher

nice idea, bad impementation - these buttons.

Just took apart a remote with same problem for the third time.
cleaned the PC bd with MEK. works fine again.
May be a case where the rubber pad actually deposits a coating on the
bd.

I have had two VTEC phones were the the power (talk) button stopped
working - this was a case where the contact between the contact
plastic sheet and the PCB went bad. Another bad implementation
(planned obsolecence). The plastic sheet is a flex crt for the button
contacts. This can't be fixed since the coating on the plastic is VERY
fragile and will come off if you look at it. Temporarily, I got it to
work by rubbing the top of the sheet above the contact area to make
contact - didn't last long.

I just bought a GE 900Mhz w/caller ID phone at WalMart for $20.
The battery for my Seimens was $13. so I got the whole thing.