Old April 14th 19, 12:32 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Analog - Digital TV question

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 17:59:01 -0500, Fox's Mercantile
wrote:

On 4/13/19 5:44 PM, Michael Terrell wrote:
Ignore Jeff. He's an angry Liberal who has never worked at a TV station as an Engineer.

I'd rather be an angry liberal than an ignorant Trump supporter.

The you are a piece of **** liberal. At least Trump is doing good
stuff for the country while liberals are ****ing it up.

KenW

Old April 14th 19, 06:34 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 4/14/19 12:06 AM, Michael Terrell wrote:
[ snip ]
More right wing echo chamber comments.

blah blah blah

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Old April 14th 19, 03:49 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair
OGG OGG is offline

A lot you all know.

In the L.A. area channel 6 is an over the air Analog Channel !
It is the only one but it is there.

We also have a plethora of digital channels with very little useful
content unless you like to watch commercials.

Old April 14th 19, 04:20 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 4/14/19 9:49 AM, OGG wrote:
In the L.A. area channel 6 is an over the air Analog Channel !
It is the only one but it is there.

I moved to Texas in September of 2009.
So I'm no longer focused on what happens in LA.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Old April 14th 19, 06:15 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 10:48:45 AM UTC-4, OGG wrote:
A lot you all know.

In the L.A. area channel 6 is an over the air Analog Channel !
It is the only one but it is there.

We also have a plethora of digital channels with very little useful
content unless you like to watch commercials.

Call letters? The only Ch6 that I see listed for that area is KSFV-CD, a LPTV station with a 360 watt signal that is transmitted on UHF Channel 22. I ran more power than that to cover the Ft. Greely Army base in the '70s. I had Ch8, and 650 Watts on a 130' tower on the WW-II part of the base.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ision_stations

Old April 15th 19, 04:07 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yes, Im aware of that, but dont answer my question. Can the audio
portion be received by my receiver or not?

OP

NO your analog receiver cannot receive the audio portion of a digital TV transmission.

Old April 16th 19, 01:19 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 15:44:55 -0700 (PDT), Michael Terrell
wrote:

the thing is useless.

It still works well as an audio amp for computer sound, using the AUX
input. Sounds a lot better than those so called (crap) "amplified
computer speakers".

Old April 16th 19, 01:19 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 21:36:56 -0500, Fox's Mercantile
wrote:

You're a real prize, the best you can do is make up **** and resort to
ad hominem attacks?

You basically went in the toilet when a black man was elected president.
You've only gotten worse.

Keep it up with your diatribes, it only makes you look stupid.

Good grief....

****ing politics...... Not worth discussing since ALL politicians are
crooked liars. Dont matter what party they support.

There are only two suitable candidates. Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.
Although I think my dog would do a better job than any president we've
had in the last half century. He belongs to the K9 party. VOTE FOR HIM!

Old April 16th 19, 01:47 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

the thing is useless.

It still works well as an audio amp for computer sound, using the AUX
input. Sounds a lot better than those so called (crap) "amplified
computer speakers".

This has nothing to do with your original question, it is trolling.