Old April 13th 19, 05:23 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Analog - Digital TV question

I have an old Realistic (Radio Shack) "Stereo TV Receiver". It's like a
radio, designed to receive the audio from tv stations. I've used it as
an audio amplifier for one of my computers. But I just wanted to see if
it actually received TV audio. I dont have much for an antenna, just a
rabbit ears. So I am not getting anything, and where I live getting any
tv signal is rare.

However, I'm wondering if it's possible to get anything. This was made
for analog tv. It has 3 buttons to select VHF low, VHF high, and UHF. I
know all the digital stations now use UHF.

With the proper antenna, is it possible to get the digital signal on
UHF, or can that only be gotten using a DTV converter? This has me
puzzled....

* I noticed that at the very end of the VHF low, near Channel 6, I do
get a very weak signal of some sort. I suspect I'm picking up a little
FM radio, but it's too weak to really hear clearly.

Old April 13th 19, 06:10 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 4/12/19 11:23 PM, wrote:
I have an old Realistic (Radio Shack) "Stereo TV Receiver".

You been under a rock for the past 10 years?
They stopped analog TV broadcasting in 2009.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Old April 13th 19, 09:24 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 00:10:45 -0500, Fox's Mercantile
wrote:

On 4/12/19 11:23 PM, wrote:
I have an old Realistic (Radio Shack) "Stereo TV Receiver".

You been under a rock for the past 10 years?
They stopped analog TV broadcasting in 2009.

Are you under a rock? The 4th of December 2019 is in the future.
Old April 13th 19, 02:32 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On 4/12/19 11:23 PM, wrote:
I have an old Realistic (Radio Shack) "Stereo TV Receiver".

You been under a rock for the past 10 years?
They stopped analog TV broadcasting in 2009.

Are you under a rock? The 4th of December 2019 is in the future.

Fox used just a tiny bit of poet license, you are just being evil and
anally retentive.

Mikek

Old April 13th 19, 03:48 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On 4/12/19 11:23 PM, wrote:
I have an old Realistic (Radio Shack) "Stereo TV Receiver".

You been under a rock for the past 10 years?
They stopped analog TV broadcasting in 2009.

Are you under a rock? The 4th of December 2019 is in the future.

* Fox used just a tiny bit of poet license, you are just being evil and
anally retentive.

************************* *** Mikek

Heh, where's the "like" button?

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Old April 13th 19, 11:26 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On 4/12/19 11:23 PM, wrote:
I have an old Realistic (Radio Shack) "Stereo TV Receiver".

You been under a rock for the past 10 years?
They stopped analog TV broadcasting in 2009.

Yes, Im aware of that, but dont answer my question. Can the audio
portion be received by my receiver or not?

Old April 13th 19, 11:59 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 4/13/19 5:44 PM, Michael Terrell wrote:
Ignore Jeff. He's an angry Liberal who has never worked at a TV station as an Engineer.

I'd rather be an angry liberal than an ignorant Trump supporter.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0