Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tubeguy@myshop.com is offline

Default Analog - Digital TV question

I have an old Realistic (Radio Shack) "Stereo TV Receiver". It's like a
radio, designed to receive the audio from tv stations. I've used it as
an audio amplifier for one of my computers. But I just wanted to see if
it actually received TV audio. I dont have much for an antenna, just a
rabbit ears. So I am not getting anything, and where I live getting any
tv signal is rare.

However, I'm wondering if it's possible to get anything. This was made
for analog tv. It has 3 buttons to select VHF low, VHF high, and UHF. I
know all the digital stations now use UHF.

With the proper antenna, is it possible to get the digital signal on
UHF, or can that only be gotten using a DTV converter? This has me
puzzled....

* I noticed that at the very end of the VHF low, near Channel 6, I do
get a very weak signal of some sort. I suspect I'm picking up a little
FM radio, but it's too weak to really hear clearly.